Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Disappointed they cut the line that ends the associated manga chapter, but on the whole I think they did about as well as they could for this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I think that MHA acquits itself fairly well with 2 chapters an episode. It evens out the pacing, lets them throw in some extra stuff and gives a bit better sense of what's going on. This episode used new, useful material for filler as well as matching flashback filler closer to the original manga.

I do think that production is learning a bit as they go as far as matching the manga's techniques. Horikoshi frequently uses previous panels as flashback/reminders. While that works in the manga, it kills the pacing and tone in the anime. I think they did a bit better of a job of it this episode, when instead of just showing happened all over again they used overlaid images or quick cuts.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They haven't shown up in the anime, and only one of those two from 1-B is confirmed, I think.

• Locked thread