Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Terper posted:

Worst thing about the adaptation:

they removed the symbolism of the chair, which divided deku from his mom, and what she said and what he wanted to hear

7/10

Counterpoint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'd forgotten about Iida's knifehands. :allears:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That art style looks distinctly archvermin, so probably him.

Fake Edit: Yep. Same style. Guess he only posted it on /a/?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The flashbacks were a bit overdone, imo, but it's nowhere near as bad as that guy paints it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Roland Jones posted:

That "Tsu" thing bothers me, because it's so weird. Like, what she's actually saying is "call me Tsuyu", because it's her given name, but since this is Japan everyone is using her family name, Asui. She's basically saying "don't be so formal, we're friends, use my first name". Since they still translate everyone else calling her "Asui", going from that to "Tsu" is odd. It's a really bizarre choice from whoever's translating it that feels like it's missing what's actually going on there.

I do agree that Tsuyu is one of the best students, though. It was actually her that got me into the series; back when it was new, I saw art of her and thought "oh hey, that character looks neat, what's she from" and found the manga series that way.

It's also the use of -chan suffix, which implies a level of closeness that embarrasses Deku. They tried to localize that as well and it came off weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'm glad they didn't give it more detail because it was already gruesome enough, especially in combination with everything else.

• Locked thread