Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The manga is good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How many episodes is Detective Conan up to and is he still shooting that dude in the neck with knockout darts then talking through him to explain how he solved the mystery in every one?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

sometimes he darts no one.

This feels like a waste of an episode.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I kinda don't like how the Principal looks in animation but I an't put my finger on why. I don't think his design translates well.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

CryingAthena posted:

All Might's tiny hopping while doing the squatting at the principal's level and moving around, though. :allears:

Oh yeah that is great. :3:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tollymain posted:

this series is so refreshingly idealistic

Yeah it's the kind of thing that if Alan Moore (or someone similar) was writing All Might, it would either end up with his over the top power killing a ton of people by accident, making him constantly depressed because of his isolation from humanity, or just have him snap and turn bad then murder half the world. It's absolutely refreshing to just have an all powerful guy (that still has a weakness) but also be totally committed to being a Good Guy and saving regular people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

In the world of MHA, the heroes are basically privatized versions of emergency services working under some government regulation. It's an interesting dynamic since privatized services like that have a really bad track record in reality but seem to mostly work ok in this comic/show.

In the comic this is starting to get addressed somewhat but I don't want to spoil anything.

• Locked thread