Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I agree whole-heartedly. I just don't do shounen anymore because I just cannot suspend my disbelief for it enough to derive enjoyment from it. But this show gives me chills and makes me feel like Deku in episode 1 watching his favorite All Might clip.

This series is just earnest and good and full of little details that don't need to be there but are anyway. I don't feel like I'm being forced to like any of these characters, or that I'm being talked down to, or directly addressed with a bunch of lovely exposition, which tend to be big issues with most series like this. I'm being allowed to enjoy it.

Like, the whole framing of this episode is structured around one simple thing: All Might has to fight this fight. It's not because he couldn't use help, it's not because the others couldn't help, it's because he has to take it all upon himself and triumph to be who he is to world he lives in.

You have Deku & co. standing around waiting for the show to follow the generic formula of "jinkies gang lets split this fight up and learn some things about ourselves" and it is actively prevented by a All Might being the goddamned coolest.

It's just so damned pure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread