Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

life is a joke posted:

I know it's just my eyes tricking me cause of the scale, but that map makes our natl parks look pretty rinky dink. Considering how huge they are when you get there. I'm half rear end phone posting, if someone is feeling nice can they get a map of all the np's/wilderness areas/state parks etc all overlayed on a map?

http://gis1.usgs.gov/csas/gap/viewer/padus/Map.aspx

quote:

The Protected Areas Database of the United States (PAD-US) is a national geodatabase, developed by USGS GAP, that represents public land ownership and conservation lands, including voluntarily provided privately protected areas, for the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico,the Pacific and US Virgin Islands. The lands included in PAD-US are assigned conservation status codes that both denote the level of biodiversity preservation and indicate other natural, recreational and cultural uses.

Many legitimate overlaps exist in the PAD-US geodatabase (e.g. multiple Marine Protected Areas designations, Wilderness Areas over National Forests or National Parks). The viewer cannot identify more than one feature at a time. Refer to the geodatabase to identify all features. GAP has developed files without overlaps for analyses. Ask the PAD-US Coordinator for assistance with your specific project needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread