Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
A robotic airplane, on the way to explore Laythe.

Two years later, it arrives in the Jool system. At this point a serious design flaw becomes clear- the nose-mounted probe core is not properly shielded, and having it bear the brunt of the heating inevitably leads to an explosion and complete loss of vehicle.

The only way to salvage the mission is to go in backwards, which makes it spin uncontrollably while burning but nothing breaks. The transfer stage stays on to act as a stabilizer and heat sink.

Miraculously, the four boosters only smash off some of the air intakes when they detach. They're just visible falling into the ocean here. Almost as miraculously, the plane is able to flip itself around nose-first, reacquire control authority, and enter level flight. Now I've got an airplane on Laythe, with reusable experiments and enough fuel to flit around for a good long while.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Squeezy Farm posted:

Two years later, it arrives in the Jool system. At this point a serious design flaw becomes clear- the nose-mounted probe core is not properly shielded, and having it bear the brunt of the heating inevitably leads to an explosion and complete loss of vehicle.

The only way to salvage the mission is to go in backwards, which makes it spin uncontrollably while burning but nothing breaks. The transfer stage stays on to act as a stabilizer and heat sink.

Miraculously, the four boosters only smash off some of the air intakes when they detach. They're just visible falling into the ocean here. Almost as miraculously, the plane is able to flip itself around nose-first, reacquire control authority, and enter level flight. Now I've got an airplane on Laythe, with reusable experiments and enough fuel to flit around for a good long while.

:jebcry:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ROBIN LEACH: You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer place with fully stocked garage cave and man zone, telescope w/moon door and a replica of the faggoty Dr Who thing. The wife knows to leave well enough alone while her 45 year old propecia husband builds toys. A FUlly lined beautiful wooden fence surrounds this McMansion that a brown built for pennies on the dollar, unlike the chainlink fences found often in that of the poors persuasion.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

*alarm sirens and red lights go off when my friend enters the Man Zone*

You're not hiding a Vagina anywhere are you? Hahahaha just kidding it's probably the rats chewing the wires again.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

code:
HENTAI]TRILL WU-TANG ANIME
JEEBus911WeedNikka9000
Assmad poorfags MUH CHILDRENS MEDIA

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

You're not hiding a Vagina anywhere are you? Hahahaha just kidding it's probably the rats chewing the wires again.

Hahaha

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

code:
JEEBus911WeedNikka9000

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

code:
JEEBus911WeedNikka9000

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

Truly breathtaking

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Squeezy Farm posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Raise your hands if you fell for the Kerbal Space Program meme and bought it for like 30 dollars in 2014 and never played it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
speaking as a Yospos Senior Reg, ksp is a fun game, and i recommend it.

just don't bother with career mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Raise your hands if you fell for the Kerbal Space Program meme and bought it for like 30 dollars in 2014 and never played it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
kerbal space program is really cool and i like watching vids of it but i can't bring myself to actually learn how to play the game

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Raise your hands if you fell for the Kerpal meme and you kick my dog

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just made smoothies. Y hands smell like peaches and strawberry

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

The kerbals vs klurfs race war

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Benny D posted:

I just made smoothies. Y hands smell like peaches and strawberry

Mario better not find out

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

14 hours here and I think I got it cheaper. it's a fun game to mess around in

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

*unsheaths katana* do not disrespect the mighty, honorable race of Kerb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*nervously puts a sheet over ksp playtime so I don't get booted from the zone*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

*unsheaths katana* do not disrespect the mighty, honorable race of Kerb

*unholsters gun* shut up, idiot. *shoots you*

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

frank.club posted:

*nervously puts a sheet over ksp playtime so I don't get booted from the zone*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PleasingFungus posted:

At last, my true home.

whatup

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ristolaz posted:

the kerbal space race and the klurfs are cuba

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Klurves are by nature peaceful creatures. I could see a Kerbal ripping off their gumguts though.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

kerbal space probgram taught me with ease and enjoyment how gravity works in outer space, so much that i now feel qualitied to apply for ajob at nasa or pilot a space craft myself. thus, it proves my theory that playing video games is more beneficial and more important than getting a formal degree, when it comes to receiving a good education. plus its way cheaper even with all the DLC

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Holy poo poo dark souls iii :catstare::quig:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I am not Doobie!
I am not teh gay!
{slurp}{slobber}{slurp}{drool}{scratches arse}
{fondles hotdog}...

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

whats everyone gaming tonight? :cool:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Squeezy Farm posted:

whats everyone gaming tonight? :cool:

probably some dark souls 3, but i have to play it with the television volume really low because my catte has liver cirrhosis and anxiety problems and loud noises can really upset him

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

probably some dark souls 3, but i have to play it with the television volume really low because my catte has liver cirrhosis and anxiety problems and loud noises can really upset him

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I am not Doobie!
I am not teh gay!
{slurp}{slobber}{slurp}{drool}{scratches arse}
{fondles hotdog}...