Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
I wonder if the NYPD has one of those "the more you bust, the more likely you are to get a raise and/or a promotion" policies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
Reminds me of Miami Gardens:

quote:

Earl Sampson has been stopped and questioned by Miami Gardens police 258 times in four years.

He’s been searched more than 100 times. And arrested and jailed 56 times.

Despite his long rap sheet, Sampson, 28, has never been convicted of anything more serious than possession of marijuana.

Miami Gardens police have arrested Sampson 62 times for one offense: trespassing.

Almost every citation was issued at the same place: the 207 Quickstop, a convenience store on 207th Street in Miami Gardens.

But Sampson isn’t loitering. He works as a clerk at the Quickstop.

There's an excellent this american life episode about this, they basically incentivized arrests and the department was so corrupt and useless that everyone did it. Their old police chief resigned over this, and the new police chief was arrested in a prostitution sting.

Why did he solicit two prostitutes for a threesome? “The stress overwhelmed me, and I made a very bad decision to deal with that moment I’ve never experienced before.”

• Locked thread