Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

would you pay $500,000 of your moms money to build a shipping container airbnb hotel that you call a house

http://www.denverpost.com/homegarden/ci_29714754/couple-builds-denver-dream-house-from-nine-steel

you wont believe what happens next

lol they have like a $10k stove and he's a goddamn fireman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
farting is the new making GBS threads

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jarofpiss posted:

lol they have like a $10k stove and he's a goddamn fireman

boomer parents are freaking the gently caress out at seeing their children stumble and gently caress up through their 20s and 30s and the Baby Boomers Will Not Have Homeless Failurechildren so theyre just sighing and taking out a second reverse mortgage on the california house and cutting checks

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Grandmother of Five posted:

*for some reason, always, 100 % of the time, inadvertently reveals self to be a nazi sympathizer or a nutjob conspiracy theorist who believes something along the lines of society being overtaken by an army of people who let their children set their own bedtimes and who will eventually force everyone into gender-reassignment theraphy, when making jokes on-line*

True Fact: I was in a play where a character who represents the French Resistance debates another character who represents the French Nazi collaborators and after the performance my mom loudly and repeatedly expressed her agreement with the Nazi collaborator character even after I pointed out that he is supposed to represent Nazi collaborators

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
itt?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

MILLENIALS?!

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012

You got it pal, and that ain't all...

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
3 Letters SJW'S

edit- omfg

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
whats wrong with watching good movies, like the godfather, or the godfather part two

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i require the blood of the young

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
*ages out of advertising demographic* I'm better than you now

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yes op, we are

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Ugh millenials, don't get me started. Everyone born from 1982 to 2001? They act the same. Not like me, I'm gen X born in 1981. I act different.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Hey that's neat the way you wear a wool stocking hat year round, in our humid continental climate. Good thinking junior

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

ChrisHansen posted:

There's an ad on the Bloomberg radio station and it's about how 75% of hiring managers don't think millennials are hard workers.

As a millenial, I agree

Maybe they have trouble finding the right worker because instead of putting out ads for workers they put out ads complaining about the workers they have.

Sounds more like 75% of hiring managers are retarded.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
itt we decide what to call the next gen

i propose generation d

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

would you pay $500,000 of your moms money to build a shipping container airbnb hotel that you call a house

http://www.denverpost.com/homegarden/ci_29714754/couple-builds-denver-dream-house-from-nine-steel

you wont believe what happens next

how the gently caress do they not freeze to death in that monstrosity

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

drunk dog posted:

itt we decide what to call the next gen

i propose generation d
the working title is iGeneration because one company has so much global clout that an entire generation of people are named after the company's products

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
Writes article like this http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/california-forum/article2593048.html bashing millennials and the internet.

Publishes it on the internet.

Waits for internet fame.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

symbolic posted:

the working title

ironic considered millennials are lazy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

drunk dog posted:

ironic considered millennials are lazy
i make myself laugh sometimes to get through the soul-crushing experience of life :downs:

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

symbolic posted:

i make myself laugh sometimes to get through the soul-crushing experience of life :downs:

youre a bad person

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

drunk dog posted:

youre a bad person
thank you

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kazr posted:

how the gently caress do they not freeze to death in that monstrosity

I thought it looked pretty cool. Then I saw it was in Denver and it's like how the hell could you possibly insulate single sheet metal walls?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm an old person mad about millenials in every thread I post in, so this thread seems rather redundant.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I'd "bone" her no doubt

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
in this thread we are literally GBS day in and day out. very meta, gotta hand it to you op.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Ugh millenials, don't get me started. Everyone born from 1982 to 2001? They act the same. Not like me, I'm gen X born in 1981. I act different.

1981 is millenial, u gotta have a 70s birthday to be gen x

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters.

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I don't like how they walk into me because they are looking at their phones and I don't like how they keep taking pictures of themselves and their food.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Panfilo posted:

Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters.

whitenoise

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I was born in 1981. I don't know if I'm the first of the Millenials or the last of the Gen Xers. Either way I'm ashamed.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
posting that millennials suck / living in the age of millennials sucks

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
All you've done is turn GBS into a Russian nesting doll.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

millennials parents do everything for them

idiots

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

jackyl posted:

1981 is millenial, u gotta have a 70s birthday to be gen x

Not according to Christian Slater and some documentary on the history channel!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
What happened to the big Millennial picture thread? I was enjoying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It seems weird to me that roughly half the millennial generation would have experienced a good portion of their childhood with relatively limited computer usage plus little to no internet access and the other half grew up with facebook in high school? I think early 80s is too early and most smart people put the generational line closer to the late 80s early 90s.

• Locked thread