Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Unguided posted:

False. Didn't you read Frankenstein? It's completely possible to infuse a mismatched set of parts with a mockery of life.

Wasn't Frankenstein's monster more like a flesh golem than an undead creature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

notZaar posted:

A golem can only be made out of clay, that's how you define a golem.

Ok, DAD :rolleye:

Paramemetic posted:

A bone golem can be in any shape or whatever, it's a golem you make out of bone, so the sky is the limit if you want to stick skulls on it for armor or whatever doesn't matter it doesn't HAVE to be just ONE skeleton

I'm making a bone golem entirely out of skulls and when adventurers enter my dungeon I'll tell them about all the head they'll be getting.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nito has a will of his own, he's not a reanimated skeleton or a golem.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Microwaves Mom posted:

Some skeletons are aniamted of their own accord.

That's a bone creature, and it's an entirely different topic! This thread is for magical constructs and undead creatures enslaved to the will of their creators, please stay on topic.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

satanic splash-back posted:

In my home country, golems are still considered inanimate objects despite their sentience and will.

Golems have neither of these. Where did you learn magic from, bard school?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VendaGoat posted:

Is it possible to make a Boob Golem? Asking for a friend.

Golems are kind of like meat loafs, you can throw pretty much anything in there and it'll work.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Don't kinkshame, please

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The ladies call me bonelord

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Golems and the basic elementals you neophytes are thinking of have no capacity to reason, think, or feel pain. Why is enslaving them bad? Surely it's no less ethical than strapping livestock to a plough's harness. Perhaps it is more ethical, as the elemental is an immortal being.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Colonel Cancer posted:

The more I think about it, the clearer it becomes. It is no golem at all! Its a Swarm of Diminutive Watermelon zombies.

Fruit, disconnected from the plant, is a dying or already dead living organism. Giving said fruit mockery of life with undoubtedly most evil spells is a work of a canny necromancer, not a golem crafter.

Flesh golems and bone golems are definitely golems, idiot. Just because dead poo poo is the material used does not mean some creep in black robes has to be contracted to make it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bitter Mushroom posted:

as an animated skeleton i'm very annoyed that I wasn't consulted before this thread was made, a lot of misinformation in here re bone golems vs skeletons

If you are capable of being annoyed you are a bone creature and not an animated skeleton! Stop fakeposting.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

so if I went through the golem making procedures using a single person's skeleton as my materials I wouldn't get a golem but a skeletal warrior?

The golem would not be arranged to stand upright with that few bones, it would probably try to skitter around on rib bones. A proper bone golem takes many more bones than that.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Golem spells aren't really designed for this kind of poo poo, man. You need more material than that. Proper flesh golems can require body parts from five or more individuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh my god artificer hipsters are the worst. You can't even hawk a wand of fireballs these days without some yahoo in flannel robes asking you if the amber dust was locally sourced.

• Locked thread