Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hey quick question: I'm playing this on PC through the epic games store cause I got it free when it was free, and I'm using a controller and the game sometimes becomes completely unresponsive when talking to the tutorial guy. Is there something going on that's gonna mess me up later? It's driving me loving nuts cause I can't advance the dialogue without literally mashing a lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
There's one unlock tied to him I believe. It's not very good so not really?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Color Printer posted:

Hey quick question: I'm playing this on PC through the epic games store cause I got it free when it was free, and I'm using a controller and the game sometimes becomes completely unresponsive when talking to the tutorial guy. Is there something going on that's gonna mess me up later? It's driving me loving nuts cause I can't advance the dialogue without literally mashing a lmfao

I got the mega buster weapon and it wouldn't fire half the time (it wasn't charging, it was doing nothing) so yeah there's definitely something going on here with reading my controller, cool

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

oh good the intro music is largely unchanged

It's the laziest thing and completely works with the game's humor.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
lol this is Super Meat Boy + XBox Arcade all over again

Apple Arcade isn't featuring Gungeon at all, and you'll only find this locked-in exclusive title on the 25th slot of the All Games list which is the last thing anyone might click on the announcement page

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

to the person from Devolver in this thread:

this launch sucked rear end, and you should get six figures of compensation to justify sticking with a platform that ignores you while thousands of (obnoxious) non-iOS fans get angry over this situation

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

gently caress Apple just let me play your drat game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Analytic Engine posted:

to the person from Devolver in this thread:

this launch sucked rear end, and you should get six figures of compensation to justify sticking with a platform that ignores you while thousands of (obnoxious) non-iOS fans get angry over this situation
You're the obnoxious fan in this situation, right?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

American McGay posted:

You're the obnoxious fan in this situation, right?

I downloaded it for my iPhone and am getting used to the complex-yet-good controls, and it's clear that a lot of love went into this product. I hope the most people possible get to enjoy this, but Apple "Think[s] Different[ly]"

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
So... At this point I kill the rat every time, including the punch out, and usually don't get hit in a run. I have platinum and I think I've unlocked everything. I think I'm done...

And I have still never seen a loving natural rainbow chest or a glitch chest!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm assuming they did get six figures of compensation to make this. Possibly even more tbh. Thats what their blog post implied. Apple is just kind of a lol incompetent company.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I also dont think stopping development of EtG to say you're tired of working on it and releasing an exclusive EtG 10% of your very devoted playerbase can actually play because a lovely trillion dollar company paid you a bonus to do it is like admirable.

I mean I'm sympathetic because game dev is that uncertain a business but it's not like it's wrong to be disappointed about it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 25, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Stopping development? The game has been out for like 4 years now and they've released two huge free content updates.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Yeah that's some of the most entitled poo poo I've read this month to say that EtG devs didn't do enough to justify moving on.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
It’s chill, I hope they got paid a lot for the exclusive release. I’ll just wait until it’s on a platform I can use. I can’t imagine being mad at these guys, EtG was insane value for the money, they released tons of free content for literally years to support it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I actually read from devs who were offered slots in Apple Arcade that the pay was poo poo but maybe different devs got different deals. The new game is cool and fun. |Touchscreen controls for it are actually not too bad and I'll try PS4 controls at some point.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Does anyone know how recent of a Crapple device you need to decently run ExtG? I'm pretty sure my mom has an iPad sitting around somewhere unused.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Mr. Prokosch posted:

So... At this point I kill the rat every time, including the punch out, and usually don't get hit in a run. I have platinum and I think I've unlocked everything. I think I'm done...

And I have still never seen a loving natural rainbow chest or a glitch chest!

I have only seen the glitch chest and a natural rainbow once each on my switch after nearly 200 hours of gameplay. I also suck at this game because I only beat the Lich with ridiculous items like the Super Hot Watch and have yet to beat the rat’s second form.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
1 glitch, 0 rainbows :suicide:

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

One glitch, one rainbow, and between PS4 and Switch I’ve easily done over a thousand hours. Good game but yeah some of the appearance chance rates are a bit extreme.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i saw at least three of each, and i once got a rainbow chest and a glitched chest on the same floor

would have preferred to use up that stroke of good luck on a lottery ticket or something, honestly

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Good news everyone! Exit the Gungeon is now on Steam :toot:

Thankfully I was too cheap to pay five bucks for Apple Arcade

though the price is ten bucks now :v:

you can get Enter the Gungeon for 50% off ($7.49) if you somehow didn't own it though

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Exit the Gungeon is good, I was shocked at how challenging it is right from the start though. And the fight intensity ramps up really fast. So far the farthest I've made it is to the third boss a few times.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm being a responsible gamer during quarantine by turning my attention to the half finished games in my wake. Lately I've been focused on this game and after 60 deaths (since buying it over a year ago on Switch) I finally got to the Dragun and beat it. I'm really getting into this game, moreso than when it was new to me!

I beat it with the Marine and now I'm playing the Pilot. What's the percent chance to open a lock with his picks? On my current run, I've tried using them on six locks and they've all jammed. I'm really souring on this character. Also am I crazy or is his gun super accurate if you're circle strafing around enemies?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's 50/50 and yes, you're crazy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pilots pistol is the worst starting gun.
Absolute dogshit but the rest of his kit is sweet.

I never, ever play Convict because if I'm getting hit, I'm losing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm being a responsible gamer during quarantine by turning my attention to the half finished games in my wake. Lately I've been focused on this game and after 60 deaths (since buying it over a year ago on Switch) I finally got to the Dragun and beat it. I'm really getting into this game, moreso than when it was new to me!

I beat it with the Marine and now I'm playing the Pilot. What's the percent chance to open a lock with his picks? On my current run, I've tried using them on six locks and they've all jammed. I'm really souring on this character. Also am I crazy or is his gun super accurate if you're circle strafing around enemies?

Pilot Gun has bad stats, but I think the accuracy is the same as the other starting sidearms.

Depending on when you first played it might be drawing your attention better because it's way better about giving you ammo so you can use fun stuff and not just your sidearm.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

Pilot Gun has bad stats, but I think the accuracy is the same as the other starting sidearms.

Depending on when you first played it might be drawing your attention better because it's way better about giving you ammo so you can use fun stuff and not just your sidearm.

I got the game, I think, in Jan 2019. I feel like I'm getting way more ammo now that you mention it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cuntellectual posted:

There's no way it has the same ACC. I miss about 20-30% of all shots at a modest distance.
Hunter's pistol is pretty decent and soldier not only has the best starter but also the passive that makes everything more accurate.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

There's no way it has the same ACC. I miss about 20-30% of all shots at a modest distance.
Hunter's pistol is pretty decent and soldier not only has the best starter but also the passive that makes everything more accurate.

I checked and you're right. The only ones I remembered offhand were the convict revolver and rogue special (both have a spread of 10), but the marine sidearm has a spread of 5 before his passive and the hunter one has a spread of 7.

Robot's right hand has 7 spread too but it's down to 3.5 with battery bullets.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
With the Pilot's starter gun, if I stand still and fire straight at an enemy, maybe a third of the shots land. If I fire while circle strafing the enemy nearly all the shots land. I know I just asked a few ppsts ago and was told I'm crazy for thinking this, but I'm convinced it's happening.

Also this games music is so good! I finally played with headphones and it's like a totally different soundtrack!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Oh my God I unlocked rainbow mode and turbo mode. I'm not sure how I feel about rainbow mode but I'm digging the speed of turbo mode. I can't wait to find some move speed increasing items on a turbo run! I feel like this mode is akin to the new Doom! I'm so glad I decided to play this game some more. I'm really falling head over heels for it in a way I never have with Isaac or Dead Cells.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It's a spectacular game. If you recognize the items by sight then rainbow mode is easy mode. You can just pick the run-breaking items and it doesn't matter that you get fewer.

Once you've killed the past of every character and killed the secret final boss I'd start checking the wiki for unlocking characters and killing the rat. There are some very unintuitive steps and it can be frustrating without a guide.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Aaaaah! I killed this dumb Dragun a second time! A 2nd floor railgun makes quick work of bosses.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
it's so weird to me this thread doesn't have the guns tag.

I think my biggest complaints about ETG are that personally I'd rather have a few more floors that weren't as big kinda like nuclear throne, and how there's no real final boss against Kaliber. The gunslinger's pass is super lazy.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I put my Switch to sleep while still standing in the elevator upon arriving at floor 2. Now there is a wooden man standing in the elevator shaft and as best as I can tell it can't be destroyed or interacted with. Is this a bug or a secret?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
That's a decoy, placed from the same item (it looks like a log). No idea why it'd do that.

Am I the only one who hates Bloodied Scarf? It constantly fucks up my dodge rolls.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Bloodied scarf enables all kinds of massive bullshit but yes its a pain in the rear end to use compared to the roll.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I swear I'm getting worse at this game. I usually can't get past floor 4.

Then again, I use the starting gun for most everything outside of bosses.
Does the game drop ammo more frequently if you run low?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
The red scarf is a trap