Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Speaking of the Hallow, I sometimes get a key down there but I haven't come across a cage. I, uh, don't regularly clear the boss, though. Is it something on floor five?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Kill pillars protip: roll against the rotation when the jammed bullet wave comes out, you will Dodge both the rotating and outgoing bullets.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
82 hours, and i've never even once found the Makarov gun. Or the Dueling Pistol.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

HenryEx posted:

82 hours, and i've never even once found the Makarov gun. Or the Dueling Pistol.

they're both really bad. I think maybe they're brown-tier drops?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Patch Notes for Version 1.0.9

quote:

Patch 1.0.9

Added a new version for 64-bit Windows (should be automatically downloaded by Steam)
Fixed a bug which could cause level generation to hang indefinitely
Mimics no longer teleport when re-entering their room, and can now follow you out of reward rooms
Explosions can no longer hit players through walls
Fixed a bug which could cause you to get stuck in a conversation if the shopkeeper teleported away while you were talking to him
The Compass now works in Bullet Hell
Fixed input issues when using the left stick in the slow motion gun select mode
Added an option to allow unknown controllers, and to restrict XInput and non-XInput controllers (see this post

for details)
Improved the feel of using the left stick to navigate menu options
Reduced memory usage of lights and the Ammonomicon (may help with memory related crashes)
Angering the main shopkeeper will no longer cause other shop types to have no inventory
The dog will no longer damage the portable turret on contact
Projectile traps are now affected by the Aged Bell
Fixed an issue where sharks from the Compressed Air Tank couldn't hit bosses that exist in pits (e.g. DraGun, <Redacted>)
Fixed an issue where Table Tech Sight (and similar items) combined poorly with shotguns and similar weapons
Fixed an issue where some players couldn't retry the tutorial
Fixed a bug caused by dying to flames while holding the Clone item
Changing characters in the Breach after purchasing a round of Blessed Gun mode no longer breaks the mode
Gatling Gull's melee attack no longer ignores the Ethereal state
Fixed a bug which caused some rooms to spawn with no enemies if the player is cursed
Young Beholsters spawned by the Eye of the Beholster will no longer attack <REDACTED> (secret character unlock)
Fixed an issue which could cause players to get stuck in a conversation with the Cop when he dies
Receiving the Gunsling King reward now immediately increments your number of wins (it's no longer necessary to speak directly to the King afterward)
Fixed a bug where some table tech effects would persist forever if you dropped the item while they were active
Homing bullets caught by the Red Wizard now behave correctly
Fixed a bug where the first attack of the DraGun's second phase could be skipped
Fixed an exploit where the DraGun fight could be cheesed with flight items
Damaging companions no longer restores the player's active item cooldowns
Fixed an exploit where players could hide in boss doors that spawned to the north of boss rooms Shotgun Full of Love no longer takes 2 ammo per shot
Fixed a problem with the Gunknight Armor set when used by the Marine
Fixed the death animation for the Gunknight Armor set
Fixed a UI bug which could prevent ammo for displaying for Mahoguny
Fixed some Fast Scaling visual bugs (Jammed effect on projectiles now shows, fixed some issues with boss transitions)
Fixed some string issues in several translated lines of dialogue (heart symbols, wavy text for the Ledge Goblin)
Fixed some animation issues when <REDACTED> (secret character) has a flight item
Left click will now always work in menus, even if the default keyboard shoot button has been rebound
Fixed a bug caused by using an escape rope while riding in a mine cart
Added an option to turn off "look in movement direction" behavior (see this post
for details)
Added a workaround for those who earned Lead God but did not unlock the Super Hot Watch (see this post
for details)

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Are the zombie shotgun bulletkin (the pale red ones that lead their shots) supposed to show up on Floor 1 in a fresh save file (different steam acct but using family share)? I could have sworn they only start showing up later once you start buying items.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They are grizzled war veterans, it's v. rude to call them zombies!

The actual shotgun zombies are the grey ones in the Forge

(they show up randomly, rarely on floor 1 but possible, show up a lot in Oubliette)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i think theyre all zombies, thats why theyre called the gundead

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i think theyre all zombies, thats why theyre called the gundead

If you get the portable turret it tells you straight up that they have childhoods and grow up normally. The turret teaches the children good shooting habits!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're the Cult of the Gundead, they're mostly just cultists, not undead themselves

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Did this new patch break the Item every room script for anyone else?

I hate this game with the "normal" difficulty, it's so dull.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

They did say they were wanting to make a DLC of this game, yes? The small boss pool is kinda... annoying.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Duct taping the Mega Douser and the Mass Shotgun together is weird but worth it.

Now my Mega Douser can reload, but I can tap it, fire off a bit of water and the mass slug, and then reload and shoot another one almost instantly. Can get almost all 900 slugs out of it but only one per reload. Wonder how it would work if I had a Klobb to tape it to.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 20, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The main thing to note from that patch: Mimics can and will now chase you out of their treasure room, no more peek and poking them :kheldragar:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
gently caress the elevator unlocks, is there a good cheatengine table for guaranteeing it?

3 clears with no keys spent on chests and I have to gamble on buying a floor 4 key and getting enough casings or a key drop on floor 5. I always guess wrong :negative:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
praying to the defaced statue at the start of the game begins a curse run, which spawns more cursed enemies that drop significantly more casings. any curse run that makes it to floor five will have seen enough keys and casings to unlock that elevator requirement

Papal Infallibility
May 7, 2008

Stay Down Champion Stay Down
Does curse affect what drops you get? I know you get loaded with casings but I think it's still theoretically possible to get screwed on keys.

Anyways play as the Pilot if you are going to do that. Yeah his starting weapon sucks but his lock picking and discount should soften the blow of having to be stingy with keys and money.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Archenteron posted:

The main thing to note from that patch: Mimics can and will now chase you out of their treasure room, no more peek and poking them :kheldragar:

That really sucks for Red/Black mimics, who are probably harder than the non-Ammoconda floor 2 bosses now. Or maybe they'll be pretty easy if you can get them in a big room, idk

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

frozenpeas posted:

Did this new patch break the Item every room script for anyone else?

I hate this game with the "normal" difficulty, it's so dull.

Same here. I did a few runs without it anyway and while the key/ammo situation is much better than it used to be I still think balance is better for the casual way I play with the script. I still have to manage keys and ammo, but it's still challenging enough.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Letting you turn off the whole "look where you move" thing sounds like a very good change.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jibo posted:

Letting you turn off the whole "look where you move" thing sounds like a very good change.

im not really sure what you mean by this since it was possible to reduce or turn off camera panning in the release patch

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

DolphinCop posted:

im not really sure what you mean by this since it was possible to reduce or turn off camera panning in the release patch

If you are playing with a controller and you move without actively aiming then you aim in the direction you move. Presumably the new option mentioned in the patch notes makes it so that doesn't happen.

I probably won't be able to try it out until tomorrow or later tonight though.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I must have done something wrong because I duct taped an RC Rocket and Gamma Ray together and nothing happened.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Jibo posted:

If you are playing with a controller and you move without actively aiming then you aim in the direction you move. Presumably the new option mentioned in the patch notes makes it so that doesn't happen.

I probably won't be able to try it out until tomorrow or later tonight though.

This would make it so much easier to play, Thank god

Cerebro
May 1, 2009

166 Deaths, all chars past killed, cleared the sixth chamber, and tonight I found my first rainbow chest.

I'm honestly more choked that I haven't had one run (other than gun blessing) with Gunther.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Does anyone know where the "every room gives a reward" script for cheat engine came from so I can see if the author bothered updating it? I looked at the cheat engine forums but the dude there updating tables has a "always spawn chests" which is a fair bit more powerful than what I've been using.

FYI if anyone was wondering why all the cheat engine stuff broke, it's because that last patch brought the game into 64 bit instead of 32 bit.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna look into getting the Room Reward and maybe the Hunting Counter script back online now that Gungeon runs in 64 bit.

I think this is my first time "hacking" around in a 64 bit environment though, and suddenly address spaces are much larger and suddenly there's a ton more registers and float calculation actually uses the XMM instructions and whoa, everything's a little different. I'll have to get used to this first.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Finding the current hunting quest stats again will take a while, in the meantime heres an updated Room Reward script for EtG v1.0.9, in 64 bit:
http://pastebin.com/s4L5UzCM

As usual, copy&paste the RAW Paste Data into Cheat Engine, clear a room first, then activate script.

edit: btw, if i'm reading this code right, the chance for a chest to spawn as a rainbow chest is set at ~0.001% lol

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 21, 2016

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Wow, that was very quick. Thanks!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

HenryEx posted:

Finding the current hunting quest stats again will take a while, in the meantime heres an updated Room Reward script for EtG v1.0.9, in 64 bit:
http://pastebin.com/s4L5UzCM

As usual, copy&paste the RAW Paste Data into Cheat Engine, clear a room first, then activate script.

edit: btw, if i'm reading this code right, the chance for a chest to spawn as a rainbow chest is set at ~0.001% lol

Thanks! You've restored casual fun mode.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Thanks! I didn't realise you made it originally, that owns.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Abyssal Tentacle is such a hard carry, drat.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finally got the prime primer to the black smith. Now I can buy stuff on the first two floors again!

Speaking of which what is the max coolness? If I have the cigarettes I should always be burning off excess health right?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Man, how the gently caress can I beat the Lich but somehow getting to and beating the Dragun while playing gun game is loving impossible.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

DrManiac posted:

Finally got the prime primer to the black smith. Now I can buy stuff on the first two floors again!

Speaking of which what is the max coolness? If I have the cigarettes I should always be burning off excess health right?

You seem to hit the cdr cap pretty fast, around 6-7 uses. I'm not sure if there's a cap on the other effects but it's probably not worth wasting armor to burn off floor hearts.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Shima Honnou posted:

Man, how the gently caress can I beat the Lich but somehow getting to and beating the Dragun while playing gun game is loving impossible.

Gun Game is pretty RNG heavy, the time before I beat it I got the time out death on Wallmonger making it to the end of the track because I had a sequence of like Super Soaker/Flame Hand/Pea Shooter and literally couldn't take him down.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's another fun(?) CE script i made:

http://pastebin.com/b9zMsgcq

It inverts the rarity on the two guaranteed chests during level generation. Which means brown chests are as rare as black chests, and black chests as common as brown ones. Same for red & blue ones.
This only applies to the two chests in the "item rooms" on each level, and there seems to be something screwy going on with the game downgrading your second chest's quality if the first one was good? In any case, this should almost guarantee you at least a red/black chest on each floor, with maybe a green one to go along.

(i haven't tested what happens with this + 7-leaf clover, so maybe deactivate the script when you get that item)

As usual, copy&paste into Cheat Engine, you need to have generated at least 1 level before, so hop into the gungeon, activate script (takes ca. 15 secs) and do a quick restart.

edit: Since bad chests get less common and good chests more common on higher floors, you'll feel the biggest impact from this on the first and maybe second floor. Like, brown chests go from a 42.5% chance on floor 1 to a 10% chance on floor 5 normally. (Black chests go from lv1 2.5% to lv5 12.5%)

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 22, 2016

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
what i do with this guy again

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I AM BRAWW posted:

what i do with this guy again

Wait for him to leave.

Adbot