Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So on my first run I perfected Gattling Gull and got the master round thing

I proceeded to get dominated by the stupidest poo poo in the world but I capped it all off by having a half a heart left. A room to my left just had a free blank and a full heart and above me was a shopkeeper. "Sweet a free heart"

I ran in, fell in a hole and died because my screens brightness was so low I couldn't tell there was a pit. I'm so upset with myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God dammit :negative:

My second time playing and I got killed by a wall, all because it didn't register at the time that I should just dodge roll over to the other side to get past the wave of bullets.

Rip

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The secret to doing well is to get the Proton Pack and Double Vision

Seriously

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so I noticed in some youtubers videos like Northerlion they have a tiny dude in a purple cloak. How do I get that guy?

Like I haven't seen a single video where anyone bothers talking to him and I feel for the lil dude. He's also in all the trailers which further confuses me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ah that's a shame. He hasn't shown up for me yet and I liked his design.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I found a gun that turns into a sword when you reload and reflects all enemy bullets in the process. This gun is cool as heck (Small video of it)

Then I noticed that the sword swings do damage so I chose to get into a Fist fight with Gatling Gull

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

goferchan posted:

Watch out though! Holding anything to do with swords/blades ups your "curse" stat which makes you encounter harder enemies and some other poo poo

Fine by me. I have the Dek4rd which kills every single minor enemy in one hit in seems, the proton backpack, smiley's revolver and this sweet reflect thing :v:

I mean I'm still gonna die before seeing the end but right now I'm pretty much set.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think the PS4 has a rendering issue. I just lost my sweet gun reflect run on floor 4 because a invisible bullet hit me.

Like I was standing on one end of the room firing at a couple enemies and I suddenly died despite nothing being near me- journal just said a bullet kin killed me and showed a giant red bullet hitting me which never happened.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do you kill the past anyway?

I got the gun for it pulled the trigger and uh... it just said good job you failed anyway which makes absolutely no sense to me given what the gun actually did.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Power of Pecota posted:

I started playing this last night - for the bullet king, is there any reward to leaving his herald alive? I took it out both times and I'm not sure if I should have.

Getting used to the dodge roll is interesting, I'm having a hard time fighting the urge to dodge back instead of towards shots. I've 100%ed every version of BoI but playing it safe caps out at like the Gorgun for me right now. I'm excited for the challenge.

He has a simpler pattern if the herald is alive I think.

Least that's what the book says.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God gently caress the treadnaught. It's such a lovely boss.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BJPaskoff posted:

I'm kind of with you, though I'm still going to sink in a lot more time because the gameplay all the way through to the third level boss is so rewarding and fun. It's just that why would I waste my time rolling a barrel all the way to the fireplace (which is frustratingly tedious) or finding a liquid gun on the first floor (which is pure luck) only to then need two keys, and then need to clear a difficult bonus floor, and then need to beat a boss, and finally need to take whatever it is to the second floor altar? I don't know what the mechanics are for unlocking the actual ending, but I know it involves buying that $110 thing in the shop and taking it down to god knows where. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm lucky and skilled enough to get to gently caress knows where (probably the fourth or fifth floor), I shouldn't have to worry about, "Oh, did I somehow get enough money to buy the Prime Primer on the second floor, when all I was worried about was whether or not I was going to get past this boss and then Treadnaught?"

The Prime Primer is something you do once then never worry about again ever.

Also the stuff with the water barrel and the two secret rooms just lead to a bonus boss that unlocks the ability to teleport instead of dodge roll and nothing ending required.

E: On the topic of the Prime Primer stuff I'm super upset that my second run where I got all the way to the wallmonger ended because at that point I had collected like 3-4 of the bullet stuff without knowing what the hell any of it did due to having the jetpack.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is the only renewal I need.

Seriously though I've lost all interest in this run yet it hasn't quite died yet. I'm on floor 4 and I've gotten like 6 different buffs/debuffs to enemies but I'm still using the starting pistol so it feels doomed... yet I'm still somehow trudging along.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just had a outstanding run ruined because my cat jumped on my arms and I got sniped by a cursed enemy. Like I admit I didn't fully understand the revenant guys circling attack but still.

:suicide:

I even had the gunpowder at the forge

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just threw against the "final" boss because I didn't realize the swords he threw in the wall had to be killed until it was too late. I just figured they'd go away like everything else. :negative:

I had the space turtle and good god that lil guy is my buddy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What's the best way to handle the revolver skeletons in the Forge anyway? I always seem to get beamed by their flail arms and I can really save on damage if I figure those jerks out.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Broken Cog posted:

Uh, I found a Bandana that quadruples the max ammo of any gun you pick up. Some of these endgame items are kinda ridiculous.

Find some cover. If you have training with dodging beam attacks from the Oubliette boss and the Beholster, you can get some shots in while they're swinging their laser around.

Oh no, I mean the one's that shoot ball and chains at you that want to become liches. The normal skeletons are pretty easy I think :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Broken Cog posted:

Oh yeah, those. Hide behind some cover so they shoot their fist at that, then pop out and fire at them while they're sending bullets out of their arms. Rinse and repeat until dead.
There should be some cover in any room you fight them in, if not, welp, do the best you can.

Fair enough, when I tried to do that they outstretched the other arm and made a ring around me and I had no idea how to deal with it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I brought the unfinished gun to the forge and the girl didn't finish it

I thought that would of been cool :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anyone know what the Ballot does? I picked it up and it's pretty much a pin that says "I voted"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Worst gun is easily the super soaker.

Like the unfinished gun can still be alright funny enough.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Apparently you can actually blank those swords while they're mid-flight and they'll just disappear.

Let me tell you what didn't work for me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Prop Wash posted:

To be fair, they didn't say they specifically increased key drop rate

They actually said this specifically.

Like what else could "adjust the key balance" mean?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I have the Gunpowder checked off, I know I need to buy the Primer, and then do the invisible path for the tip of the bullet, but where's the casing at?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I came across a pretty bad bug.

Also next run made it to the Dragun again but I only had the spooky AK-47 so fuckin' RIP me. Still managed to deliver the Primer AND the Bullet Tip though so all I need is the casing and I'm golden :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If you want a answer:

Click

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The high priest got chumped first time I saw him, second time I fought him I was shaving off like 10-15% with every shot but he killed me anyway due to bullets randomly spawning inside my character.

I legit don't know why that's a thing because if it wasn't for his untelegraphed bullshit he'd be the easiest bar none.

Also just had a good run trashed due to my game crashing on floor 4 :cool:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

FrickenMoron posted:

The High priest always gently caress me up because bullets keep spawning from the walls it seems?

Nah

They can spawn anywhere in the room at complete random because some of the bosses in this game are just flat out badly designed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Angry Diplomat posted:

The High Priest's bullets are telegraphed though?? There's a sound and a flash of light at the location a burst is about to appear.

In the darkness part yeah there's a big show of them appearing.

Random little pellets that appear by themselves though don't have anything as far as I'm aware and I was trying to look out for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wow cool, had a god like run ended in the Forge because the boss required me going through literally every room- and every single room had the mace arm skeletons and giant bullet sharks.

The generator really SERIOUSLY hosed me over and I'm miffed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The coolness thing would be fine if it wasn't for the fact chamber 4 and the forge force you into rooms that practically require you to take damage.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just clear floor 1+2 with the pistol only because nothing is dangerous on those floors (the lead maidens will get a more powerful treatment if the room layout is small but that's it)

From there I mostly use the pistol and maybe a different weapon if I dislike the layout or enemies. Maybe it's because the auto aim seems to be a little bit stronger on the PS4 but it's not really all that slow at all and I can get to the Dragun in like 45-50 minutes pretty reliably.

That being said though I just streamed a run for some friends where I broke every chest I came across and didn't buy a single thing in hopes of giving the elevator dude 4 keys and 180 shells. I pretty much perfected all 3 floors and still only had 3 keys, coolness or not somethings gotta give.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

IronicDongz posted:

Why would I assume that means I need to jump down the pit? I figured it just was for flavor, like "here's where the elevator goes". It's kind of a big jump in logic to assume you gotta jump down a hole that anywhere else in the game would deal damage to you

Because it's only on the ones where he's at. All the others have blank walls.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm bad at video games

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I really like all the effort in the pasts as a personal aside. The fact they all have something unique about them is really nice even if they've all been breather fights so far (haven't done marine or pilots but Convict and Hunters were simple enough)

I wonder if the pasts all tie together somehow as there does seem to be a actual story buried under all the goofy references and smiling bullets.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I prefer this over Isaac because the art style and theme of the game is a lot better- that and the actual mechanics are solid as all hell.

I'd take "wacky faced bullets" over "Lol gross poop and pee monsters" any day of the week.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PS4 may not get infinite keys through cheating but we do get sicknasty auto aim that makes the starting pistols infinitely more powerful :v:?

Seriously though it takes a couple clips to put down a blue shotgun kin by the end of a run but they move so slowly to you and have such a easy pattern it doesn't really bother me. Like the only time I've ever felt compelled to whip out one of my bigger guns is when I'm tossed into a tiny room with like 6-7 enemies starting out next to my face or when a obvious "big" enemy is on screen like the Lead Maiden or Shelletons.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do you unlock the sorceress? I keep seeing her mentioned and I haven't seen any golden keys in like... ever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I just beat the Oubliette boss taking one hit and the turtle didn't unlock so yes. It sounds like they're going to have to play the Abbey again despite what they're being told.

Sounds like a bug to me. I got hit by Blobulord and still got the turtle. I even uploaded a video of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

lazorexplosion posted:

The bloodied scarf changes your dodge so that if you tap the button you do a quick teleport that is basically exactly like a dodge roll, but if you hold it briefly you teleport to the mouse cursor as soon as you release the button, the range is anywhere on screen but inside the current room. So you can near instantly precision blink anywhere on the screen as much as you want, and it's marvelous. With a controller, you have to guide a shadow version of you around with the stick while you're holding the button and you'll teleport to that and it's pretty clumsy and bad.

Just a simple correction but you can teleport into other rooms as well if they're on screen. That dude Cobalt was able to teleport to the Bullet's tip from the room above it and got it that way.