Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Coolness should be affected by things like accuracy, flipping tables, dodging damage, and getting trap kills. It would be cool if there was a certain number of coolness goals in each room (or certain rooms at least) that you could go for and you get a room rating or something and a guaranteed drop of some sort if you hit those coolness goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i pushed a flipped table off a cliff to see what would happen and got an achievement and a new table flip tech unlock

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I like to use the gun switch menu near-pause as I enter a room to get a clear picture of the room layout so I can plan out my attack. I even mapped it to shift to make it even easier to access.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The rat wont steal the tv while you're fighting in the room right?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got to the dragun and the bullet hell part started at the last section of health but it never clicked in my brain to dodge to the empty areas so I tried to weave thru the bullets, bullet hell style and died

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I didn't realize hegemoney could be a random room drop

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Best duct tape combos?

Mega Man arm/alien sidearm/Heroine/any chargable attack with lots of ammo + Camera

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You'd have to reload after every individual shot of cactus but yeah. Clip sizes for each gun still exist.

That said, RPG + crossbow would be pretty good.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Beam weapons are good for kb+m bad for controller. Controller is superior in every other way though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
A lot are connected to treasure rooms and shrine rooms I've noticed.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Bear in mind the Lockpick has to recharge so you can't just leave everything unlocked until the end.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It is good practice to tap a treasure chest with your gun before attempting to open it. Sometimes it is a mimic and its worth the small effort to save a key and some damage.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Beam weapons would be pretty good duct taped to any other gun that works with autoaim, now that I think about it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just really like duct tape, despite the fact you have to be extremely careful to not ruin two perfectly good guns.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I guess I've got gud after 70 deaths because I just back to back cleared pilot and marines pasts. Also AU gun duct taped to a scrambler is a mean boss killer.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
TFW you are 4/5 boss mastery so far and doing some serious work in the Forge and the game crashes... Had Medallion of Courage and a Stinger for ez boss kills :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah after you figure out the the range where the ball pops the mass shotgun is pretty good

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It sends out a ball that either hits the dude for some damage or if it travels far enough it turns into a shotgun burst that does a lot of damage. If you space it just right its like a powerful point blank shotgun blast without the risk of getting face to face with something.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So I had the Marine's starter passive on the Hunter and it carried into the past fight for some reason... Also for those of you who have never done the pilot's past yet you should probably think about remapping your item use button to something very easy to spam while shooting prior to attempting it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
+1 to the no rainbows/glitch crew, here.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I like that it makes a fart sound when it finishes charging.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

AlexJade posted:

Keys really need to drop more and shops should never be locked. The amount of chests I have had to shoot in the last 2 runs is not funny. It just makes the game unfun

The mimic tooth necklace is almost worth the pain in the rear end of fighting mimics all the time just so you don't have to deal with the keys issue

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Getting the elevators done was a pain in the rear end but it's helped with doing other pain in the rear end parts of the game like grinding certain monsters for the hunt quests and recovering the robot arm.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
That badge is the dumbest item in the world because as far as I can tell after he dies he wont come back and you just get a permanent curse point.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So you get punished for comforting a dying man. Nice, game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I kinda wish the game would spell some of this stuff out somehow instead of just burying it as deeply as possible in the code.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
For me the caped bullet kin usually has a big hot ball of death about to hit him before I realize I shouldn't kill him.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jibo posted:

It turns out that Angry Bullets with Bee Hive is pretty drat broke

Seems appropriate

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
turns out getting the chandelier and mine cart kills is worthless :smith:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I also don't think chests should be locked. The game is stingy enough on ammo and gun drops.

It gets better when you unlock things like the mimic tooth necklace, shelleton key, and akey-47

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jim Barris posted:

Yesterday I got a room that had one of the big red Chests with a fuse coming off it so naturally I rushed over there to open it and it turned out it was a mimic. Thanks a lot, game, way to be a loving rear end in a top hat.

I have never seen a mimic on the red/black chests so I assumed it wasn't even a thing. I guess I have to tap the red/black chests too now, just to be safe :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't think it's worth it at all to pick up the scattershot bullet. It would really good if it didn't split up the bullet damage but it does and it really sucks trying to kill any individual thing when it a few of those bullets are bound to miss.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just destroyed a green chest and got a snowballer. I guess it has a chance to drop something better than junk or pickups.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just found extra costumes for each of the 4 main guys that I did not realize existed. The marine looks like a armored knight, the hunter wears a wolf skin, the convict looks like a lady space thug, and pilot looks like a cooler pilot. The alt costumes are sitting on the ground near where you select them and I don't know if they've always been there or just since I killed their pasts or what.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lead God is completely trivialized by clone.... It just counts the number of master rounds you have, not that you have master round I II III IV and V

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you have the firepower then blow up the ammoconda balls before he eats them. It makes the fight much quicker and the ammoconda keeps to a much simpler pattern.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Everytime the ammoconda eats a segment I think it gets health, a new attack, gets faster, and gets a temporary armor buff. So kill the segments if you can...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kuros posted:

A couple of things:

1. Wishing a save & quit comes in soon. I currently have a game on pause at home because I'm at Dragun.
2. Playing a level 9 curse run really forces you to get good at spacing and dodging. It's a bit tedious at times, but not too bad.

Shame I couldn't get the 6 keys and 300 money for the elevator this time. I gotta do it as the Pilot.

It helps to invest in a Mimic Tooth Necklace or Shelleton Key if the key vendor guy shows up early on.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Unlock those key bypassing items people... Mimic tooth necklace from the kill mimics quest, shelleton key from stealing from shops, akey-47 from 5th floor elevator shortcut (obv the biggest pain of these...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The gungine is such a good all purpose weapon that never runs out of ammo if you play it right. On top of that the movement speed increase is amazing and rate of fire that allows any bullet upgrades to make it incredibly good. From floors 3 and on the environment provides you with plenty of goop to soak up for ammo otherwise blobs, barrels, and anything that makes a pool of fire will work.