Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Played a few rounds so far today. I am in love with the game. I put almost a combined 1000 hours into Isaac and this scratches that same itch.

Most powerful combo I got so far was the Scrambler which fires a shot that breaks into smaller seeker bullets and quick draw which fires a free shot every reload. Well Scrambler is single shot so each shot you fire 12 seeker shots that do decent damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
So I got to the last boss finally and am not pleased that it the game changes the zoom level during the fight.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Gunther and heavy bullets on chamber 1 is awesome, getting no health drops in chamber 5 and 6 sucks and cost me the lich fight :(

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I've seen one rainbow chest and no glitch chests and I have about 150 runs done

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Keys really need to drop more and shops should never be locked. The amount of chests I have had to shoot in the last 2 runs is not funny. It just makes the game unfun

TheJadedOne fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 21, 2016

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Is there an unlock for beating the Dragun after using the curse statue in Chamber 1?

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
lacking of healing is gonna prevent me from ever beating bullet hell. I can go in with 5 full hearts but the enemies are just so brutal and every room has so many rounds that it just wears you the hell down.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
198 runs and I have the hunt and mine cart achievements left.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Is there a cheat engine way to give yourself certain items? I would love to just have every run have the clone.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

nightwisher posted:

Yeah it does get pretty crash-happy if you overdo it. I really want to make a script that can set your curse to 10, I'd love to do a challenge run where you start out with 10 curse but can spawn one rainbow chest in the first room as a balance.

You can talk to the statue in the starting room with the non-secret characters to set your curse to 9

Has anyone else noticed that with certain guns and combos that bosses take less damage each progressive shot unless you wait a moment between shots? I had the golden gun and rolling reload and was able to shoot at a pretty fast pace but after the first shot it was doing much less damage.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I think this only works after you've beaten bullet hell or something, because I haven't found the option to do it - I still need to meet the lord of the jammed for that achievement vOv

You have to beat the past with that character

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I have 300 hours in the game and I am still missing one item, Lies. I am decent at finding secret rooms and still have only seen one set of witches and never the quiz guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Achtane posted:

I really like this game although it feels like most of the weapons and powerups I get might have an interesting gimmick, but aren't strong enough to feel like an upgrade. Like the closest I've gotten to a "gently caress yeah!" moment is finding the alien engine.

That is something that has bothered me about the game. Even out of green chests, a lot of the guns are really only so-so in later chapters.

Also, the MineFlayer feels like such a poo poo boss compared to all the others.