Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
This game really needs an npc that lets you "buy out" item drops so they no longer appear in the dungeon. Like a reverse-scavenger so you're less likely to get the lovely weapons/items you don't want.
Eventually it would allow you to select from the list of items you've found, maybe being able to cross off 10-15 whites 5-10 rates etc.

What I'm saying as a new player: I'm really tired of getting the "r" gun and meatbuns every other game.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I mean I'll only open brown chests with the Pilot special, but if it's not one lovely gun it's always the worst gun of the next tier with my luck.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

That's great broski, we're not all Gradius masters with the sperg-like focus that surpasses Tibetan Buddhists. This game is legit hard for normal people who aren't studying up invincibility frames and the patience to starter-pistol three different bosses for five minutes each.

That's why people want an easier game because it could be more fun for everyone rather than the elite few who could just play in a hardmode whilst writing their 100page thesis.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Finally beat the game for the first time, took 23 hours.

I lucked out and got the Raiden Gun + Backup Gun Item. The Raiden auto-targets through walls in 360degrees so all I had to do was run into each room and let the double-beam cleave the entire room.

First time fighting the Dragun as well, used the Raiden gun to take off 3/4ths of his health. He was considerably easier than the fourth level bosses especially in his final mode.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
The eff is going on in that gif? The spread is like a 20-degree cone normally. It's one of the worst starters but not as bad as that gif.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
After 25+ hours and only one dragun kill, I'm giving this game up. I spent that last three games in a row getting flawless on lvls 1, 1.5, and 2 only to have majority brown chests except for two greens and two blues for all three runs. 13 of 19 total chests being brown (Had an extra keylock chest room that was brown + half-heart.)

I'd rather not download cheat engine to make this game fun, it just seems so random to the point of stupid when you have to rely on mediocre boss drops only to get smashed by level three because the RNG is so punishing. I'm no bullet-hell master, and this game gives no shits for anyone that isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I just don't want cheat engine on my system since some of the more invasive anti-cheat systems for game will ban you for just having it installed.

That and I like playing my games all-natural, but this game feels like "you died of dysentery" levels of punishment.