Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Firstly, I don't use any desk. I find them distracting. My 2015 Macbook Retina Pro and two Dell U2913WM 29" monitors are suspended from the ceiling using a pulley system. This way I can perfectly adjust the pitch and yaw of the screen as well as its vertical and horizontal distance to find the optimal point.
For a while I also was suspending myself in order to relieve tension on my back but I found it was a bit of hassle getting in and out of the harness so instead I use a stair-stepping machine as my "chair." It keeps me active and gets the blood flowing.
My "keyboard": I use two ergonomic chorded keyers as these give me amazing wrist flexibility. It took me a while to adjust but now I'm averaging around 150 WPM with them. I custom built my own sensor rig so I could do gesturing with them as well - was a pain, but worth it. And since the use case is limited to me, I was able to make things easier but just having it detect a certain color blob (in this case, bright hot pink) which is the color of the coding gloves I wear. Insane accuracy with that setup. I got emacs to play nice with the gesture control too so running a macro is literally as easy as a handwave.
I do enjoy listening to music while I work. I have a wireless headphone setup which syncs with my EKG readout to automatically determine the kind of mood I am and what music would work best for my mental space. I don't use spotify, I've built my own streaming service which pulls from my arch media server at home so I can listen to everything in FLAC. Mostly a mix of live Grateful Dead shows from 70-74 but also remixes of bird songs, free jazz, and intelligence-boosting drone tapes.
I work 20 hours a day, usually from 6:30pm to 2pm. I use melanin and mugwort to regulate my sleeping cycles so although I only get around 4 hours of sleep, it's always deep REM so I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to crush code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

pgroce posted:

NO NO NO NO

im the winnebiko

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

ahmeni posted:

code:
TEST="convert 'test.png' -font Impact -fill blue  -pointsize 40 -fill blue  -draw \"text 50,175 '[going fast intensifies]'\" 'test_output2.png'"
echo $TEST
$TEST

try:
code:
TEST="convert 'test.png' -font Impact -fill blue  -pointsize 40 -fill blue  -draw \"text 50,175 '"'[going fast intensifies]'"'\" 'test_output2.png'"

• Locked thread