Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

HellCopter posted:

I wonder how far into the manga this show will get - translations have stopped at chapter 14 but I've seen raws that I want animated.

Wait what? Kuma Miko is one of the series I really wanted to translate, but I thought another goon was doing it. If they've dropped it I'd be more than happy to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Joshlemagne posted:

I didn't drop it. We've had trouble getting cleaners and typesetters, which is why things have been so slow. Although it's been licensed now so we are planning on dropping after the next chapter. Which is too bad because there are a lot of great chapters coming up I was looking forward to. If your morals are a little more flexible, feel free to pick it up.

Ohh, okay. Naw if it's getting licensed I guess that's fine then. Thanks for the heads up.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

HellCopter posted:

I can't find any info about it being licensed - who picked it up?

Mangaupdates says One Peace Books. It's possible they haven't really announced it yet, but contacted the current fan translators about it first.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Finally got around to the latest ep. Having read what people were saying about it, I watched it with a copy of the manga open to compare.

The opening bits were mostly anime original (the people in the office bit, 80% of the mikoshi carrying scene).

The rest of the first half, after the OP, stuck pretty close to the manga.

The entire second half with Hibiki was literally word for word the same script as the manga (except updating the data about the store, since the manga is a few years old now I guess). The direction/panel layout was pretty different though, and it mostly felt like they didn't translate it well to animation at all. The clothing store part also suffers a lot if you aren't already familiar with Shimamura to begin with (if it helps, it has kind of a similar reputation to JC Penney in the US).

Also, it felt like they made Hibiki more of a violent rear end in a top hat. Not that she's not one in the manga to some extent, but there it came off as less spiteful somehow.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

You know they would be cheap, too.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

They still have pachinko parlors even way out in the boonies, huh

I guess all pensioners need something to spend their money on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I think she lives in the city and works at a Parlor. Not in the village.

you say that like there is anything worth actually calling a city within driving distance

• Locked thread