Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

To my knowledge America and Canada generally don't pretend that the Natives don't exist. It's more like having a Turkish movie about the Armenian Genocide or something. I'm not familiar with Golden Kamui or any of that, so it might be that younger people or popular culture aren't as bad as I thought the whole country is.

What do you mean by younger generation? The first Ainu character I remember seeing is from the video game Samurai Showdown which came out over 20 years ago. And there's also Shaman King which was a fairly popular shounen series that's over a decade old that had an Ainu character introduced near the very beginning. I'm sure if I really cared to, I could find more examples, but that's all I can come up with off the top of my head. Ainu in anime is not a new thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread