Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
While Machi's social anxiety was difficult to watch, I still thought the utter despair the shoppers felt around her sales pitch was hilarious. It was a guilty laugh but it was a good guilty laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Isn't the whole commercial thing straight from the manga though?

Also, Machi wasn't particularly sexualized in her swimsuit (by anime standards, anyway; no slow pans or sparkly backgrounds). I thought she just looked cute and awkward jumping around while everyone around her blew their lines. Maybe I'm just impervious to girls in frumpy school swimsuits.

On a more meta note, they had to do something embarrassing to Machi, since her reacting to such situations is like 50% of her jokes.

Bear in mind I'm also probably subconsciously comparing this to the only other Kadokawa production I've seen, Heaven's Lost Property. Compared to that, this stuff is Mary Poppins.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

HellCopter posted:

Just a mention that the previous bear was a real tough guy compared to Natsu. I wonder if there's only one talking bear allowed at a time.

Since Natsu is fixed, there must be others around there. I think the story was that all the bears in the region could talk. The others are probably off in the woods, you know, making GBS threads.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Oh, come on, it's not that bad! Everybody got what they wanted and all conflicts were resolved! It even had Natsu and Machi wrestling around and giggling and having a great time! It's the happiest ending ever --

... yeah, no, that was pretty much Bad End: The Musical. It's too bad, too, because the show was kinda fun for a while there. If there's ever a second season (which seems pretty iffy at this point) I don't see how they couldn't have Machi wake up and the last two eps be a dream, no matter how cheap a copout that may be.

Still gonna put the ED song on loop and do all my chores to it, though.

• Locked thread