Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

The Sandman posted:

It was truly the most grisly of episodes.

We needn't make it such a polarizing issue, so please just bear with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

Ahh, to think I had to go almost a whole day before finding a good old fashioned ADTRW over-analyze-every-anime-into-creatively-bankrupt-pedophilia-due-to-self-loathing-over-liking-anime post. Does a body good to know some things never change.

C'mon. Just because he voiced an unpopular opinion doesn't mean we just have to dismiss it off-hand. I think it's perfectly valid and legitimate for someone to say "I was put off by the content of this and this is why." That's not unreasonable. Actually, the weirder thing is how we, as a forum, tend to put our hands over our ears and ignore subtext and analysis in some kind of opposite reaction to CineD.

And to be fair, the fanservice/dress-up scene was a bit weird and lewd in the manga too -- however, it was just a one-off chapter and it doesn't really set the tone for all the rest. I take it a bit like that first chapter of Centaur's Worries, I almost stopped reading the manga at that point.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

wheelgun wielder posted:

Some of us, who were innocent bystanders in those days of havoc, have been hiding under our blanket of fear for years.

Wait. Are you saying you're a closet lolicon, or....?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

She should go to the same store Reimu does and buy some attachable sleeves.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Colonel posted:

will yoshio ever figure out what's in the box

It's flan.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Zettace posted:

This series is actually an awareness campaign on the effects of negligent parenting on a child's psyche. Machi's mental age is seriously a couple of years behind.

You could even say that Machi's development has pawsed at around 8 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bear in mind that the eroge only turned out bad because I'd fallen for the hype.

• Locked thread