Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

HellCopter posted:

It's a holdover from the mid-Zorak days of ADTRW. A bunch of posters got banned for lolicon stuff, so the whole forum was put under the microscope. Nobody wanted to look like they enjoyed the ins anely sexy anime-related pics so everyone was being as visibly outraged as possible.

Really, it's calmed down since then. A poster like Dark_Tzitzimine wouldn't have lasted a second there.

Some of us, who were innocent bystanders in those days of havoc, have been hiding under our blanket of fear for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

DrSunshine posted:

Wait. Are you saying you're a closet lolicon, or....?

Lord God, no! But someone thought I might kind of sorta maybe was, so I was purged with the rest.

I'm going to shut up for another decade or so.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
The last episode made me rethink the whole "social anxiety" thing. Previous episodes have shown that Machi can go into a trance state, and those around her presume those states are sent from the gods.

So what with Natsu straight out asking the mountain gods to keep Machi there in the villiage, combined with Machi being given a vision of being home in the mountains so that she can perform her idol act but then the vision changing to people throwing rocks at her , I think the mountain gods are simply determined to keep their miko there in the mountains with them.

That would explain why Machi goes way beyond 'social anxiety' into 'crazy panic land' whenever she leaves the village area for long. (possible exception being on the clothes shopping trip, where the gods of shopping apparently took her over for a while). The mountain gods are conditioning her to not want to leave anymore.

Still a bad end. The gods are cruel.

• Locked thread