Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

maybe you don't know as much about this issue as you believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

rando question that doesn't really have to do with the show: what are those kinds of gloves/sleeves that partially cover the hand and are fastened around a finger called?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Knorth posted:

I don't know if they have a name aside from long sleeves with finger loops, or arm warmers

I've seen some call them bridal gauntlets, but I dunno if that's accurate outside of actual wedding gowns.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lurking Haro posted:

Tekkou is the term I found.

-e-
Tekkou is the general term for everything covering the back of your hand and forearm.
Gauntlets can be called Tekkou as well.
They were commonly worn by peasants, samurai and monks. Miroku from Inuyasha is also wearing Tekkou.
There are even Nagatekkou, which go up to your shoulder, as seen on Prince Ashitaka in Mononoke Hime and Shichika in Katanagatari.

cool, thanks

• Locked thread