Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

z0glin Warchief posted:

They still have pachinko parlors even way out in the boonies, huh

I guess all pensioners need something to spend their money on

Well even out in the boonies, if there's a shopping center nearby, there's at least one pachinko parlor or mom&pop arcade with pachinko/slot machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Sanguinia posted:

I'm out in the lesser inaka of Ibaraki Prefecture, and I can at least confirm that of the 30+ rural towns I've either visited or passed nearby on various train lines, not one has lacked a Pachinko parlor within easy walking distance of the station.

Same here, but I was living in Fukuoka. Granted I lived in the city(next to Hakata Station), but I'd travel out to rural areas for tutoring jobs and there would always be either a pachinko parlor, or a small arcade with pachislots.

Japan loves their pseudo-gambling.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
The bear's been kind of a jerk lately so I'm happy with this episode.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Mirage posted:

While Machi's social anxiety was difficult to watch, I still thought the utter despair the shoppers felt around her sales pitch was hilarious. It was a guilty laugh but it was a good guilty laugh.

Yeah, this didn't make me feel half as bad as Watamote, that show was just suffering. It was still hard(especially when the manager came), but Yoshio coming in made me feel so much better.

• Locked thread