Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
PYF

quote:

I did not like my experience getting a brazilian wax at Get Waxed. When I walked in, the owner was sitting at the front desk (the whole front desk/lobby area is tiny) and she did not greet me or acknowledge my existence in any way. There I sat, three feet from her, in silence, the two of us the only people in the entire place, and she completely ignored my presence. And no, she was not talking on the phone....I guess she just didn't feel like acknowledging a customer.

The wax itself was painfully awkward. I have been getting Brazilian and Sphinx waxes for 12 years - from NYC to California - and I have never had an experience like the one I did with Lisa. I hate to say it, but she was CLEARLY uncomfortable with me being a plus-sized woman (and it's not like I'm massive, just a curvy size 16)...she acted as if she had never done a Brazilian before! She asked me whether I wanted a landing strip and when I said yes, she asked me which direction I wanted it to go in. Huh? Then she asked me "how far down" I wanted her to wax. Um....all the way, I said, baffled. She asked me to be specific....at this point the devil in me wanted to bark "just man up and wax my drat taint and anus, Lisa!" but her obvious discomfort made me uneasy and I just talked her through how to do a Brazilian. Bizarre. Toward the end of the wax she told me that she was just going to give me a modified bikini wax and charge me less. WHY? A clue, perhaps, lay in how she spent the entire session complaining about her business and her clients, etc (when she wasn't acting confused about how to wax my pretty standard lady bits).

So yeah, the whole thing was unpleasant and awkward from start to finish. And really made me miss my brusque Russian lady in NYC who would bark out orders and efficiently remove the whole shebang in record time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm an anti-waxer.

lol

• Locked thread