Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

She has the best active too. Marines is pretty good too I guess. Also her pistol shoots super fast if you mash r1 instead of holding it

Yeah its rof blows everything else out of the water, Marine's pistol is really pleasant to use on like the first floor but once hp scaling kicks in trying to kill stuff with is get miserable. Hunter is pretty much in the middle, Pilot's gun take the worst aspects of everybody else in exchange for a 8 shot mag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hunter's my fave. the crossbow is just really good for clearing the early floors, and it's a free gun to give up at a shrine or something.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the laser sight is such a big accuracy boost it turns most shotguns into murder beams, it also improves the auto-aim a ton and even auto-leads moving targets

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I unlocked Robot and in it's first run, in the second shop there was a Mega Douser
Now that was a fun run

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoy the price break on the pilot. As an early player who's not that good yet I like getting the useful stuff at the store so I can extend my existence just one more room.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I took a break today and played other games and went to work etc and then came back and not only beat floor 2, i beat floor 3 and cleared most of floor 4 before dying trying out guns I had never seen before. Still havent unlocked the shortcuts though. They're really expensive and I think i'd rather just play trhough level 1 a bunch instead

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I took a break today and played other games and went to work etc and then came back and not only beat floor 2, i beat floor 3 and cleared most of floor 4 before dying trying out guns I had never seen before. Still havent unlocked the shortcuts though. They're really expensive and I think i'd rather just play trhough level 1 a bunch instead

you should unlock them anyway since they also unlock some pretty drat boss items and the last one also unlocks the boss rush

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i use the pilot now. i used to use the marine but now i dont really use starting weapons. the hunter is cool too cos u get more drops. and the marine has a passive accuracy bonus and free ammo drop i suppose. the convict does the most dmg but like, 5 shots per starting pistol clip, even though u can mash the r1 key its not all that good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
how do u unlock shortcuts? i found the blue guy but he just stands in the breach and says the same thing over and over.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

how do u unlock shortcuts? i found the blue guy but he just stands in the breach and says the same thing over and over.

Jump in the elevator shaft after it goes

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The level 2 shortcut costs something nuts like either your mastery trophy for floor 1 or 3 blanks, and then 3 keys and 120? or something? shells

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

Jump in the elevator shaft after it goes

thank you

Larry Parrish posted:

The level 2 shortcut costs something nuts like either your mastery trophy for floor 1 or 3 blanks, and then 3 keys and 120? or something? shells

seems reasonable. u only have to pay once right

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

thank you

seems reasonable. u only have to pay once right

Its good for a one time thing but I keep beating the floor 2 boss after a full clear and having like 1 key and 50 shells so im sort of tired of trying to grind it i guess

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just went in there and from what i can tell you dont actually need to give him the stuff on the equivalent floor. i unlocked 3 shortcuts at once

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

i just went in there and from what i can tell you dont actually need to give him the stuff on the equivalent floor. i unlocked 3 shortcuts at once

Oh. I'm retarded. Thanks for the tip

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

opened a brown chest which had a map in it, revealed a secret room w/ 3 keys, armor and a black chest in it. black chest had the AWP in it, and the other brown chest in the floor had a scope in it. always open chests

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lucky. but the other 99 times out of 100 youre going to get the unfinished gun or the ruby bracelet and have no keys left

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chest rooms really really should have torches to indicate them like NPC and shrine rooms. it is some stupid bullshit when you waltz into the next room and its a chest w/ a fuse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

lucky. but the other 99 times out of 100 youre going to get the unfinished gun or the ruby bracelet and have no keys left

im here to roll those dice baby

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

chest rooms really really should have torches to indicate them like NPC and shrine rooms. it is some stupid bullshit when you waltz into the next room and its a chest w/ a fuse

You can tell when theres a X'd off door on the other side and its a really small area between it and the door your going in.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Patch up, ammo drops fixed and now actually drops ammo more often if you have a gun that needs ammo instead of only considering what you had on hand on room clear

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Patch up, ammo drops fixed and now actually drops ammo more often if you have a gun that needs ammo instead of only considering what you had on hand on room clear

:worship:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

So I got the clone for the first time, and as you can see I ended up getting the Lead God achievement by the skin of my teeth, but then I forgot to get the bullet from the blacksmith. Please blow my brains out with a large caliber handgun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

pon alien posted:

So I got the clone for the first time, and as you can see I ended up getting the Lead God achievement by the skin of my teeth, but then I forgot to get the bullet from the blacksmith. Please blow my brains out with a large caliber handgun.

wow. im at 70 runs and im probably about 20+ attempts at least away from flawlessing dragun./

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bobnumerotres posted:

opened a brown chest which had a map in it, revealed a secret room w/ 3 keys, armor and a black chest in it. black chest had the AWP in it, and the other brown chest in the floor had a scope in it. always open chests

First secret wall I found I cracked open with the fish gun, used a blank, triumphantly entered and all I found was one blank

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

wow. im at 70 runs and im probably about 20+ attempts at least away from flawlessing dragun./

The clone is a cheat item, if you notice I have 2 first chambers and 2 second chambers.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

You can tell when theres a X'd off door on the other side and its a really small area between it and the door your going in.

this helps. i dont really get fused chests in general. your resources are already extremely limited and then the game dicks you out of a chest for no reason lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If a game ever needed cheat codes it's this one

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its funny you should say that because everyone in the Games thread is using Cheat Engine to hack themselves keys and items to make the game easier for them to play

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

its funny you should say that because everyone in the Games thread is using Cheat Engine to hack themselves keys and items to make the game easier for them to play
What Should I Cheat Before I Play This Game For The First Time?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7... last

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

Jesus.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

jesus christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it feels so amazing when this game finally gives you a lucky break and you find a crazy broken power-up/gun, with skill builded up from tons of bad runs to back it up and ppl want to cheat that experience

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, that patch makes ammo appear WAY more often if you have an empty gun. i think it fixed everything wrong with the game for me lmao i can actually liberally use the guns as intended

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, that patch makes ammo appear WAY more often if you have an empty gun. i think it fixed everything wrong with the game for me lmao i can actually liberally use the guns as intended

Same lol. It's ftw

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

lmao

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When it first came out I almost always died on the second floor and if I did get to the mines it was instant death, it's definitely a game where you will get good as you play and it feels good.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Meanwhile in games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pon alien posted:

Meanwhile in games

Nice picture of Bobnumerotres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Nice picture of Bobnumerotres.

:vince:

• Locked thread