Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Nice picture of Bobnumerotres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

its funny you should say that because everyone in the Games thread is using Cheat Engine to hack themselves keys and items to make the game easier for them to play

lol

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, that patch makes ammo appear WAY more often if you have an empty gun. i think it fixed everything wrong with the game for me lmao i can actually liberally use the guns as intended
It helps a bit but luck is still the main factor in whether you get enough ammo or find yourself running out all the time.

this is from my last game, about 3 rooms from the final boss. only one weapon with ammo left, which is a RUBE-ADYNE MK.II with an RPG taped to it. so in other words its a rocket launcher with more ammo and faster reloading. strong, but i wanted to save it for the boss, since you really want explosives against the lich. luckily i was only a few rooms away, and managed to beat him with about 20 shots left. i was pretty close to having to finish this run with the pilot's starter gun.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pon alien posted:

When it first came out I almost always died on the second floor and if I did get to the mines it was instant death, it's definitely a game where you will get good as you play and it feels good.

I mean yeah but at the same time sometimes you just want to pop an invincibility + unlimited ammo cheat and wreck everything.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Volume posted:

I mean yeah but at the same time sometimes you just want to pop an invincibility + unlimited ammo cheat and wreck everything.

no not really

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got the prime primer to the forge, god bless you gun friendship potion breaking all bosses w/ any gun

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

Pussy bitch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah you can still get unlucky. but if you always got tons of ammo the game would be a little too easy.

guns themselves are also a currency, given how many chances you get to trade bad guns for other stuff. walking around with a bunch of empty so-so guns can turn into a life saver if you run into the toad guy, gun eating chests, certain shrines etc.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WTF does the sewer guy do. He says he wants stuff and nothing else. IDGI.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Larry Parrish posted:

Give him stuff retard.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Marry it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

Give him stuff retard.

I don't know how.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know how.

you drop it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know how.

Just give it to him and he will trade you money for whaetver it is you give him

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks, all

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Duct tape is cool, combined an AK with a commando. Almost got all the master rounds legit but the high priest gave me a tickle.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

high priest is brutal and also super awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is it me or is there some sort of invisible crit system? i feel like when i get accuracy ups i deal extra damage sometimes. things that take 2-3 crossbow hits take one less and such

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

crit my rear end the crossbow outright gets a giant damage boost from accuracy up..nice

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The muscle relaxant item gives a handful of sniper weapons a damage boost, crossbow included.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pon alien posted:

The muscle relaxant item gives a handful of sniper weapons a damage boost, crossbow included.

that was it then. i got a bunch of amazing guns but the crossbow turns into the golden gun w/ relaxant lol

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
The Gatling Gull is a reference to Vulcan Raven from MGS b/c when he dies, a flock of birds eat him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all of the cool really powerful stuff in this game is blatant mgs references. i just unlocked the patriot and cant wait to grab it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

The Gatling Gull is a reference to Vulcan Raven from MGS b/c when he dies, a flock of birds eat him.

and also because hes called gatling gull...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yobgoblin posted:

Also We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

keep seeing the exact same rooms with the exact same enemy spawns. granted i have a lot of hours and wins at this point and its still stupid fun but i hope they add more stuff soon

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
killed my first past (marine)
convict is still my least played bc i cant grt used to her guns

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got beat a magic gun run as the pilot, found my first black market and summoned the lord of the jammed but I managed to get rid of him. I guess the elder blank is extra cursed because after I dropped it I used a damage shrine and my gun turned into a unicorn horn but the lord of the jammed didn't come back.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I made it to level 4 once.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I beat the freaking game!!!!! Or part of it at least. This game pwns

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cool biRd pics posted:

killed my first past (marine)
convict is still my least played bc i cant grt used to her guns

the convict has the best starting weapon, but you have to mash the button instead of holding it. although actually its not that much better than the marines since the clip is small

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite character is a secret character.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I beat the freaking game!!!!! Or part of it at least. This game pwns

goongratulations.

I.N.R.I posted:

the convict has the best starting weapon, but you have to mash the button instead of holding it. although actually its not that much better than the marines since the clip is small

i see mashing R1 as a plus, its super boring to just hold it down w/ pilot

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

goongratulations.

i see mashing R1 as a plus, its super boring to just hold it down w/ pilot

nothing stopping u from doing that anyway :P i do it with small clip weapons cos then i dont have to think about reloading.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

nothing stopping u from doing that anyway :P i do it with small clip weapons cos then i dont have to think about reloading.

just feels good to tap and shoot fast. i think everyone should start with a primary weapon of some sort, keeps things interesting and it's invaluable when you run into a gun chest or something.

playing with mouse+kb, it feels super good but 2D aiming with m+kb is not a skill i have. it feels like my brain is splitting in half trying to aim and move at the same time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel like all health upgrades should be low class items (come out of brown/green chests). it loving sucks opening a big red chest and getting liquid life or something lol esp. when healing is so limited that the extra heart containers are worthless

at least have the health upgrades be full heals as well or something

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
My main problem I have in the gungeon is dodging the bullets.

• Locked thread