Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
My friend bought it and we are going to play it later this week. If I like it, I'll pick it up after Dark Souls III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

some stuff

1. you get bonus currency for not missing any shots in a room
2. enemies that hit you have a 0% chance of dropping currency

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this explains so much

Bobnumerotres posted:

also your blanks recharge to 2 on a new floor, so feel free to use them on bosses
I feel like this the game actually tells you at some point

Bobnumerotres posted:

i really like that its hard but you get these pretty nice bonuses for not loving up
My most successful run I mastered both floor 1 and floor 2 bosses, then got a heart box and had 6 hearts, then got a full heal tent when I was low on health so I was able to get hit so many times where I shouldn't have

Getting an early grenade launcher makes mastering bosses so easy as long as you can get ammo for it, it kills things really fast so you don't have to dodge that much

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
the healing witches remind me of megg so that rules

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A problem I'm having is I can't get used to how little invincibility time you get after getting hit, so there's a bunch of attacks that I end up getting hit twice because I mess up early and then try to waddle to safety.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

found a B.S.G. (big shooty gun) that shoots an enormous green star and it insta-kills all enemies in the room. there are a shitload of MGS references and one of the NPCs you can rescue talks in the alien language from futurama lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pon alien posted:

A problem I'm having is I can't get used to how little invincibility time you get after getting hit, so there's a bunch of attacks that I end up getting hit twice because I mess up early and then try to waddle to safety.

dodge more. the iframes on the roll are rly generous

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh if you know a room is gonna be a chest room, avoid entering it until you have a key. like half the loving time the chest will have a lit fuse and be destroyed if you cant open it immediately, or if you have any weapon that shoots water you can put out the fuse

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This game is pretty win.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Bobnumerotres posted:

dodge more. the iframes on the roll are rly generous

I know, I''m just super conditioned from other shmup-likes and it's loving me up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

This game is pretty win.

i found a rainbow chest that had 8 powerful items in it on the first floor. good boost. now watch me gently caress this up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i died on floor 2 because every loving room rolled an iron maiden

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Enter the Gungan

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

Live by the gun, die by the gun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a scattershot 'upgrade' that splits your damage in 3 and turns everything into spreadshots, making you way less accurate, and you never ever want to be close to anything in this game lol avoid if you recognize it

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I once had a playthrough where I picked up the eyepatch AND the scattershot. Lemme tell you, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with anything vaguely projectile related. Thankfully I also had the Raiden Coil so it was all ok.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I bought this. Is it better with KBM or a controller?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I bought this. Is it better with KBM or a controller?

plays really well as a twinstick shooter but it also feels nice w/ kbm. its down to pref which is the best

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres a scattershot 'upgrade' that splits your damage in 3 and turns everything into spreadshots, making you way less accurate, and you never ever want to be close to anything in this game lol avoid if you recognize it

scattershot and gremade launcher is win

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This kicks rear end and I love it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
last night i got The Fightsabre which was an assault rifle that reflected enemy bullets for the duration of its very long reload and i managed to get to chamber 5 because that gun mega owns. i beat gorgun in like 10 seconds the reflected shots just chewed thru her health

chamber 5 does not play around though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

B.S.G. (big shooty gun)

i like poop in isaac more than this crap

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also this controls well with a DS3.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

last night i got The Fightsabre which was an assault rifle that reflected enemy bullets for the duration of its very long reload and i managed to get to chamber 5 because that gun mega owns. i beat gorgun in like 10 seconds the reflected shots just chewed thru her health

chamber 5 does not play around though

Weir dname for a gun.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the fight saber is the best wep in the game y'all

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

net cafe scandal posted:

Weir dname for a gun.

ok well, let's start from the beginning: you ever seen star wars

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

ok well, let's start from the beginning: you ever seen star wars

Yea.. a Lightsaber isnt a gun though. Durr.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a fightsabre is though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i like poop in isaac more than this crap

i think it's cute. in fact, the game is cute as hell overall, and i like all the gun puns and dumb gun lore

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a barrel that shoots fish called Nothin' Easier

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

a barrel that shoots fish called Nothin' Easier
I get this ref.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
first shortcut unlocked

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

you can use the water gun to extinguish the fireplaces and walk in them, I found a switch in one that played a sound and shook everything but I dunno what else it did

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

StabMasterArson posted:

you can use the water gun to extinguish the fireplaces and walk in them, I found a switch in one that played a sound and shook everything but I dunno what else it did

next time check ur map.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
check this: gently caress this game and anyboidy who plays it :D waiter? check please! im checking out check ya later fag

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

I just realized my best runs involved no iron maidens. That enemy is wayyyy too hard for floor 2

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea.. a Lightsaber isnt a gun though. Durr.

There are a few bladed weapons in the game and idk if the Fightsabre counts but if you use them the Gungeon gets mad at you and curses you and spawns harder enemies and stuff

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When one of the buff mages is on the other side of a cramped room with an iron maiden in the middle.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

pon alien posted:

When one of the buff mages is on the other side of a cramped room with an iron maiden in the middle.

:negative:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just realized my best runs involved no iron maidens. That enemy is wayyyy too hard for floor 2

i like that there's a hard enemy early on that kinda forces you to use a good gun but hes way too common lol

in a bad room with poor cover or lots of pits, double maidens is way harder than most of the bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm really liking the Hunter. The Crossbow is my favorite starter weapon, and the extra keys and hearts and ammo and such you can get after each room are incredibly valuable.

• Locked thread