Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
its slightly faster and you cant beat the price. also includes directx 12 and soon bash

all the actually obnoxious stuff you turn off when you install it. the rest of it is literally nothing and trust me you arent important enough to matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Superdude255 posted:

Qft

I have enough poo poo to deal with in my life without having to transition to a new OS for no reason. Win7 is great--there is no reason for me to change. It would just be another hassle, and I have enough BS to deal with as it is. Nothing to do with being a Luddite (though I can feel myself moving in that direction as I get older).

Seriously, what fantastic new technology in Win10 are Luddites missing out on? More convienient ad placement?

it was more effort to type this than to press "ok" on the windows 10 install

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Superdude255 posted:

wait until they add subscription pricing like Office.

Lol, "includes DirectX12"? Cant I just download those drivers, or are they not making it for 7?

And all the while I have to deal with the stupid aesthetic changes to the UI. Using Win8 at work is painful; glad I only need to use it sparingly.

dude, what? lol. you know both these products are from the same company and one is just as evil as the other.

and no directx12 is not a driver you can just install

if you cant see the advantage of a unified operating system then thats fine, do what you want, but dont be annoyed

• Locked thread