Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This is so vicious I'm surprised it never hurt Twain's reputation.

I was listening to a political podcast and John Dickerson (my political pundit idol) was talking about how, despite how we talk about the founding fathers and their political ideals, they were just as big of assholes as politicians are today. I'm pretty sure every one of the major founding fathers, at least once, wrote a >500 page letter and sent it anonymously to one newspaper or another specifically with the intent of bashing another founding father.

In other words, I'm pretty sure that, just as it is now, a great burn is a great burn, no matter by who, or how they do it. And it goes double if one of America's greatest writers is doing the burning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Snoopy posted:

from Wikipedia: "In January 2015, it was reported in The New Yorker that Mann is developing a film about Ferrari founder Enzo Ferrari.[16]Christian Bale was originally cast to play the title character, but later dropped out citing health concerns over the weight gain required to play the role"

Christian BALE? :sadpeanut:

Like, that just makes NO sense. How bad is this loving script really?

TBF that man has been abusing his body for acting for most of the last 20 years, he's probably just at the point where doing that for a movie is no longer worth it to him. Hell, maybe the experience on American Hustle soured him on it (lord knows working with David O Russell is exhausting as gently caress)

• Locked thread