Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I really gotta see The Insider.

I'm about half and half on Mann. I love Thief and Last of the Mohicans, but don't really care for Heat or Manhunter. Collateral was decent, Ali was a bunch of great performances in search of a movie.

Even at his worst, he has a very strong voice, which is admirable. I think he's one of those guys where I almost prefer the stuff he influenced to the stuff he did himself, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

OrthoTrot posted:

It's definitely not a good film but I really like The Keep. I'm kind of annoyed it's so difficult to find as I'd love to give it another watch.

it's up on Amazon Prime right now, pops up on Netflix on occasion too. maybe this thread will finally inspire me to give it a watch.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I watched the Insider for the first time yesterday and it was brilliant, as much as I love Thief and Last of the Mohicans this is almost certainly his best movie.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Christopher Plummer is excellent in that.

he really disappears into the role to the point where you almost forget it's not actually Mike Wallace. similar to David Straithairn in Good Night and Good Luck (except in that case, y'know, Edward R. Murrow was long dead)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah Magua loving rules

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

This thread has persuaded me to rewatch Heat. Outside of the bank robbery shootout, I never particularly liked this movie, but it's been 10+ years so let's see how I feel now. Watching The Insider for the first time and rewatching L.A. Confidential reminded me that Dante Spinotti is a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I actually ended up disliking it just as much as I did the first time, if not more so. I'm gonna do a big write up when I have the time.

• Locked thread