Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Michael Mann is both the master of cyberpunk cinema and our leading supplier of Don Frye on film and for this I salute him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07Z8YVbjbs

I loving love this scene. "I want to touch your face," she says to Dolarhyde, and about thirty seconds later she's rubbing a tiger's fangs. Then you have the moment of real connection: Reba laying her head against the tiger's chest, listening to its heart. The vet places a comforting hand on her back. This is startling in a film where, like in most Michael Mann joints, people are defined by tools, by jargon, but most of all by the negative space they surround themselves with for protection. The vulnerability, the humanity, the life of this moment is too much for Dolarhyde - he's backed into a physical and metaphorical corner by the force of it. We don't need a Lecktor speech to tell us what's wrong with Dolarhyde, this is why he kills.

• Locked thread