Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Michael Mann is one of my favorite directors purely on the merits of: 1) I have seen a very high percentage of his work and 2) liked it all. I still haven't gotten around to seeing The Insider though, with the runtime it has and the fact that I have to watch movies after the kids go to bed, I'm afraid I won't make it through.

I love his devotion to authenticity, at least in terms of mechanics/tools of the trade. His characters always handle firearms well and his sound editing at least appears to use actual gunfire rather than foley effects. Thief is a particularly good example of him prizing authenticity as there's no use of stethoscopes or other safe cracking nonsense in it.

Last thing: the soundtracks for The Keep and Last of the Mohicans are amazing. Check them out on Youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread