Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
gently caress me Last of the Mohicans is a great movie. Just watched it for the first time because of this thread and I'm just stunned by how good it was. And that score was just beautiful.

LloydDobler posted:

This is the post that describes my feelings best so far, so I'll just quote it.

A great thing about Last of the Mohicans is that it's both a dick flick and a chick flick. Action, romance, honor, duty, defiance, freedom, betrayal, sacrifice and redemption all thrown in. I'm a grown rear end man but I absolutely lose my poo poo and have to choke back tears through the entire end sequence starting where Duncan sacrifices himself, Hawkeye mercy kills him, and then they chase down the ladies. I'm not sure if Alice was in love with Uncas or if she's just acknowledging his sacrifice, but the stone cold look of defiance on Alice's face as she backs away from Magua to join Uncas over the cliff is one of the greatest movie moments of all time.

Good god.

Spoilered for the OP and anyone else who hasn't seen this movie recently or at all. Go watch it.

I'm really impressed how moving that moment/their relationship was considering the relatively small amount of screen time they actually had.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread