Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I can't wait for those Michael Mann books. I've been reading a lot of Eddie Bunker and Elmore Leonard recently, Mann would make good company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

For me, the juice is the action.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

I finally read about that new edit of Blackhat Michael Mann screened. I really hope that gets released at some point (the article implied that Mann hadn't actually finished it and that he seems to re-edit movies he did years ago just for kicks?).

Michael Mann is the Kanye West of movies.

(Alternatively, Kanye West is the Michael Mann of music.)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I just saw Friedkin's Rampage and the main killer has freaky slow motion visions of himself covered in blood while a tiger stalks in the background. Not sure if it came before or after Manhunter but drat, between this and To Live And Die In LA, Friedkin was biting Mann's style for a while (or vice versa).

• Locked thread