Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Michael Mann is starting to grow on me as a director. Thief is 80s as gently caress, but some of the scenes from that movie are beautiful like the part where he is at the park looking at the lake. Not to mention that it basically is the inspiration for Refn's Drive.

Although I think my favorite out of all of them is probably Collateral. It's one of those "one long night" films but it has some really good tension throughout the movie and the club scene is easily the highlight for me.

That being said, Michael Mann can shoot the hell out of a gunfight. I don't think I have seen one that I have disliked yet. He is really good at letting the viewer follow the action. I have yet to be confused by a gunfight in any of his movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread