Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The game is pretty fun but have yet to see a comeback. Like once one team has a 50 point lead, that's it regardless of how many of their outposts you take down. They'll just hit the cap and nuke you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I tend to spend a lot of time mining at middle systems when I solo because then I know I'm contributing. Occasionally I'll switch to frigate to push if I feel like I can help. Scouts feel so fragile but I know they're important for calling so I have to figure them out at some point.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Shep posted:

What determines how you get upgrade points for your ship? I can't figure that part out. I can't seem to kill anyone so I've mostly been mining and upgrading bases while occasionally hopping in a justicar for the repair aoe.

Gaining levels. You get experience by dropping ore off, killing enemy players, killing enemy NPC's, and taking over bases. You can get up to level 10 in a match, giving you 9 upgrade points which you'll notice means you can't max everything out. Mining with a miner-type ship (tier 2) is probably the most efficient way to level that I've seen but maybe hunting NPC's and capping points could work well too.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

PyrE posted:

I also find that this game doesn't create the anxiety in me that Dota did. I can sit down and play it without being so tense because my 1 mistake would make my team hate me. Maybe that's because it's new and doesn't already have a toxic community built up around it. I am going to go through later and add everyone who posted their PSN and members of the Stardust group so I can try playing this with real communication!

I think a big part of it is that the games are pretty short. I made a mistake right at the end of a close game that probably cost us the game and I could tell people were frustrated but since each game is 15 minutes, it's easy to go "whatever, let's just do another."

Also yes, the Warden is ridiculous.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Shep posted:

What's the deal with the warden main gun? Trying to mine with it was a chore because the bubbles keep going through what I'm shooting at.

The bubbles go through everything like that but still do damage. Just charge it up and fire once it gets big enough. The thing to do is try to hit all or at least 2 of the small asteroids with it and break them all at once.

I spent a lot of yesterday doing time bomb mining with the Bulldog and it works pretty well. Especially with the two asteroids right next to each in the starting base, it's easy to just break everything up very fast since even the level 1 time bomb will break small asteroids in one hit. If you get the big asteroid to almost-break and hit it with a level 1 time bomb, it will break and then all the small asteroids break and you get a little tightly packed full ore package.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I&S, are you playing on an account other than NecroKart? Every time we were playing in a group this weekend, I'd look to invite you but it said you were busy in Tamriel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I think CJSeedge is going to post a video of it here but just coming in to say we finished a capital ship run and it was not as hard as we were expecting. It was pretty fun!

• Locked thread