Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

5'ed and bookmarked. Eager to see if they find the plane or not.

I may or may not have made a marriage pact with a fellow goon contingent on finding the plane. :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I think they were asking why airplanes don't send constant GPS position, so that once they crash we know where.

The answer is that not enough people have crashed into the ocean and died to justify the cost of upgrading all the planes. Airlines only increase safety measures when enough folks die. :)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Mozi posted:

This seems like a cause I want to be a part of - how can I do my part to help?

Fly a LOT. Book tons of air travel, especially international. It's not guaranteed that you'll crash into the ocean and die, but if you do luck out and the plane does a 500mph ocean crash and your corpse disintegrates, and then nobody can find the plane, the global community might get outraged enough to coerce airlines to start tracking their airplanes. It's not a sure thing but if you wanna help start traveling and seeing the world. As a side bonus, even if you don't die while crashing into an ocean (argh!) you'll at least see a lot of cool places and experience other cultures.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Microwaves Mom posted:

I cant decide what ring to get for my soon to be bride once the plane is found this year.

As long as it's in a black box. :swoon:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Jumpingmanjim posted:

They should just make the plane out of the same material they make the black box hurr.

They should make the plane out of GPSes.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Microwaves Mom posted:

just hope I can find it :3:

Ping me when you do. :bigtran:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

rabble rabble posted:

I bet it's in the water somewhere, there's a lot of water out there

The earth is 80% water and the plane is 100% gone

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's always in the last place you look

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Chinatown posted:

I'm eating tacos and I don't think it's down here but these tacos are delish.

Also drinkin a bunch. I will continue to look.

Esta goneo.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Microwaves Mom posted:

I have a theory. It involves gravity.

What if it forgot to turn downward and flew in a straight line into space? We'd never find it. :stare:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

unless they flew towards alpha centauri, made planetfall, and started a new civilization there

then, in a few centuries, their descendants will find us when they return at the head of a huge invasion fleet :tinfoil:

Directed by M. Night Malaysianairlines.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's loving GONE

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the great deceiver posted:

any recent developments????

They found it... to be entirely gone.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

They have until July to find it.

The man in charge of the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 has confirmed the underwater hunt off the West Australian coast will be called off as soon as July, unless significant new evidence emerges.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-17/mh370-search-to-be-called-off-as-soon-as-july/7420420

If not found by then, it will be lost forever.

I hope that after the government effort to not find the plane ends, a privatized effort to continue to not find the plane takes its place.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The Nards Pan posted:

They lost another loving plane??

E: they had 59 passengers on an A320?? :wtf: how the hell is it that every time I'm on a drat Boeing 737 they cram 800 loving people on that thing and these jabronis are flying around with basically a pro football roster on an entire A320???

Once on a 747 I had a whole row to myself because the plane was mostly empty. Also it didn't crash into the ocean, so I enjoyed it for 2 reasons.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Chinatown posted:

its definitely still gone, guys

Thank god

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Holy poo poo!!

They found the black box... Of a different missing plane.

Pretty cool though.

MH370 will never be found though.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm starting to worry the passengers won't have survived this.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

A moment of silence please.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I saw this thread updated. Did they find the titular aero plane?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Turns out the pilot had used his flight simulator to simulate a flight where he veered off the normal path and flew to the southern Indian Ocean which is exactly what everybody thinks the plane did. So it would be a really huge coincidence if wasn't suicide.

It's gone.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Chinatown posted:

It's gone, guys.

Thank loving God

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Did anyone consider that MH370 doesn't want to be found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is that the airplane's skin? If so, let me be the first to say: GROSS!

• Locked thread