Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Simoun was a series I really like in some ways, but in others you can't quite call it good. When I rewatched it recently I noticed "oh wait, this is a DEEN show and boy is it obvious." The character art is kinda real bad. The plot can be strangely paced.

But it's probably the best example ever of a series taking a very out-there premise and going "that's just the way it is, we're not going to hold this society up against CURRENT YEAR morality, deal with it."

Is this thread for 2006 specifically, or is it for underappreciated older series in general? I'd been thinking about making a thread for the latter, but :effort:.

madmac posted:

The flameout of School Rumble will be forever baffling, on the basis that the author could have just picked an ending from a dartboard and it would have been 100% better than what we got.

The ending of School Rumble was just fine and is one of the very few times in the history of anime/manga where the Best Girl actually wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

These have been on my to-watch list for years. Not having seen Aria seems especially egregious.
The order for Aria is The Animation -> The OVA ~Arietta -> The Natural -> The Origination -> The Avvenire.

• Locked thread