Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got Ecclesia from gs today, I've never played it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
light house battle was sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

it's so friggin good. it's the best feeling 2D combat I've ever played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well other than fighting games but that's something completely different

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

it's so friggin good. it's the best feeling 2D combat I've ever played

yeah I think I love this game

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

frank.club posted:

i might do this, as the DS emulator has frame rate and audio issues .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Do it, I finished it recently and it holds up great and looks really good on 3DS. Hold L&R when you start it so you don't get the screen stretching

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

at the end of Aria of Sorrow now... I think I love video games

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Order of Ecclesia gets tough quick

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

frank.club posted:

Order of Ecclesia gets tough quick

ya... you gotta switch up glyphs to exploit monster weaknesses

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squeezy Farm posted:

ya... you gotta switch up glyphs to exploit monster weaknesses

yeah, the big skeleton guys are totally resistant to stab or slash damage and some of the other mobs ignore hammer damage.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But that glyph quick change is there for that reason, that Goliath boss was tough, I got Goku pummeled a few times before I figured to crouch under him lol

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

frank.club posted:

But that glyph quick change is there for that reason, that Goliath boss was tough, I got Goku pummeled a few times before I figured to crouch under him lol

haha i just slid thru his back leg and ate the dmg.... didnt realize crouching worked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bosses in Ecclesia are sick

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squeezy Farm posted:

haha i just slid thru his back leg and ate the dmg.... didnt realize crouching worked

I did too but it was like 75 damage a hit so I would've had to do the rest of the fight perfectly

In Training posted:

The bosses in Ecclesia are sick

The light house one was awesome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But if you don't get the spacing just right you'll get hit. Good for stabbing him a bunch if you do it perfectly

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
amazon had $12 new copies of ecclesia on backorder last week so i bought one but its not coming til next month :nsamad:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

amazon had $12 new copies of ecclesia on backorder last week so i bought one but its not coming til next month :nsamad:

thanks for linking it last week :nsamad:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i cant take responsibility for anyone who doesnt follow cheap rear end gamer, the number one tweitter account for extreme gaming deals

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only rear end gamer I care about is the AVGN.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i cant take responsibility for anyone who doesnt follow cheap rear end gamer, the number one tweitter account for extreme gaming deals

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

i rebought all the gba and ds games the day konami officially imploded

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just started Harmony of Dissonance and this game kind of sucks so far. Does it get any better or should I just skip it and move on to the DS games?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

P-Mack posted:

Just started Harmony of Dissonance and this game kind of sucks so far. Does it get any better or should I just skip it and move on to the DS games?

It's alright, but it's definitely one of the weaker in the series both in style and game progression.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

It was my least favorite of the whole series

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

U should skip it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

P-Mack posted:

It's got some good stuff but if you're getting burnt out just skip it and come back to it later. Other ones are all better

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Harmony becomes good when you get double jump, because then you can dive kick everything.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Thanks for the advice everyone, gonna shelve it and move on to Portrait of Ruin. Saving Ecclesia for last.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone, gonna shelve it and move on to Portrait of Ruin. Saving Ecclesia for last.

Portrait is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

[me sitting by myself in a coffee stained t shirt and no pants at noon on a beautiful saturday] Johnathon! Charlotte! Jonathon! Charlotte! *starts lolling* Jonathon! Char-pff haha

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Portrait is awesome

agreed. that one goes below eclessia and sotn for modern castlevanias in my tier list

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the mysterious manor is kicking my rear end!!!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm being cucked by the bat/medusa/mummy/skeleton/shaft bossrush in rondo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

in the english fan translation of rondo of blood dracula says something like, I am a savage? But who made me? Perhaps humans are the savages of this age?

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

P-Mack posted:

It's kind of like a really unpolished SOTN. The music isn't very good and the graphics are meh compared to other handheld castlevanias but at the time when it came out it was like the first game that felt like SOTN. I remember getting frustrated by all the backtracking and switching castles and poo poo but at least the gameplay is still pretty fun IMHO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm being cucked by the bat/medusa/mummy/skeleton/shaft bossrush in rondo

that's the hardest part of the game. well maybe the secret level is harder if you play as richter but I beat that with Maria

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

It's kind of like a really unpolished SOTN. The music isn't very good and the graphics are meh compared to other handheld castlevanias but at the time when it came out it was like the first game that felt like SOTN. I remember getting frustrated by all the backtracking and switching castles and poo poo but at least the gameplay is still pretty fun IMHO

I just felt like it was beating me over the head with dead ends. Like, there was a locked door right near the start. Not a ledge that needs a double jump, or a wall to slide under, but a loving locked door.

And the blue outline around your dude was pissing me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A common complaint was that Circle of the Moon was too dark especially with the non-backlit GBA so to fix it they put a bright blue outline around your sprite haha

• Locked thread