Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i kind of wish castlemania games weren't always in the castle. i mean after sotn. i guess ooe wasn't and that's why it's the best metroidvania one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like how richter gets a completely useless moonwalk while maria gets an insanely useful roll

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Portrait is also outside of a castle

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

portrait is in a castle becasue the portraits are in the castle

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
If the game is called Castlevania, there better be a drat castle. :colbert:

Curse of Darkness has out of castle areas as well. You should get on that game its good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Portrait is also outside of a castle

Ecclesia is out of the castle until the last quarter that I haven't beat, I'm assuming that the game ends with the castle

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

i kind of wish castlemania games weren't always in the castle. i mean after sotn. i guess ooe wasn't and that's why it's the best metroidvania one

future alucard lands on an alien planet and must defeat bloodsucking monsters with his ice whip

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

drat. That's the first time I've thought of that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

future alucard lands on an alien planet and must defeat bloodsucking monsters with his ice whip

that would be cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

frank.club posted:

Ecclesia is out of the castle until the last quarter that I haven't beat, I'm assuming that the game ends with the castle

u can get a bad ending and never enter the castle at all iirc

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
A lot of Castlevanias don't fully take place in Drac's castle.

CV2, CV3, CV4, CVX/Rondo, Bloodlines, Dawn of Sorrow, Curse of Darkness, Portrait of Ruin (painting zones), Adventure 2, Judgement (lol), Lords of Shadow.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

elf help book posted:

the soma cruz games are set in like 2050 or 2150 or something, right?

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

elf help book posted:

Would've probably been better than Dracula 3000.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but it doesn't end your file

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sum Mors posted:

A lot of Castlevanias don't fully take place in Drac's castle.

CV2, CV3, CV4, CVX/Rondo, Bloodlines, Dawn of Sorrow, Curse of Darkness, Portrait of Ruin (painting zones), Adventure 2, Judgement (lol), Lords of Shadow.

I think you meant: Super CV4 :v:. Such a fun game, with kickass music too.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

u can get a bad ending and never enter the castle at all iirc

yeah if you don't find all the villagers before a point

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

the soma cruz games are set in like 2050 or 2150 or something, right?

Like 2030 or something, so there's no laser guns or anything. I guess maybe Soma dresses weird because that's the style in the future but otherwise it doesn't seem to impact anything.

There must be some insanely detailed Castlevania timeline out there, but I don't know if I'm ready to jump down that rabbit hole. I do like that Portrait's plot references Bloodlines.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Like 2030 or something, so there's no laser guns or anything. I guess maybe Soma dresses weird because that's the style in the future but otherwise it doesn't seem to impact anything.

There must be some insanely detailed Castlevania timeline out there, but I don't know if I'm ready to jump down that rabbit hole. I do like that Portrait's plot references Bloodlines.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania_Timeline

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

http://gradius.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoro_Belmont

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:prepop:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

castelpedia posted:

Quotes
A Belmont should I must do. LET'S GO!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Belmont

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

thats me

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

in the english fan translation of rondo of blood dracula says something like, I am a savage? But who made me? Perhaps humans are the savages of this age?

Dracula | F*ck society

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

P-Mack posted:

Yells into the void: http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/story.html

In Aria of Sorrow I liked the fact I could wield a gun, to bad they were never useful though. I have yet to new game plus Dawn but I'm looking forward to it.

Nude fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 1, 2016

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nude posted:

Yells into the void: http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/story.html

In Aria of Sorrow I liked the fact I could wield a gun, to bad they were never useful though. I have yet to new game plus Dawn but I'm looking forward to it.

This website in 2016 has frames and is completely unreadable on mobile. I love it.

I think I enjoyed Julius mode in Dawn more than the actual game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dracula is kicking my rear end!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Dracula is kicking my rear end!

I shamefully cheesed that fight because the dogs in Phase 2 kicked my rear end every time

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just got to his second form and the bats destroyed me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pay attention to the bat pattern, they're actually the least threatening of his attacks after you die to them two or three times

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Pay attention to the bat pattern, they're actually the least threatening of his attacks after you die to them two or three times

alright, his health must be immense it takes me a long time just to get to his 'play times over' part

the dogs are loving insane. He used them and the destruction Ray at the same time

frank.club fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 2, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're damage output is higher enough you can kill him before phase 2 even triggers which is what I did to cheese him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

If you're damage output is higher enough you can kill him before phase 2 even triggers which is what I did to cheese him

I don't think it is, with the vol lum/vol umb union stacked with an int buff and the judgement ring and death ring is like 1290 per use and only have enough hearts to use it twice

2,000 with dominus agony

frank.club fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 2, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Please don't cheese the best 2d boss fight of all time. Thanks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dog solution: 2x acerbatus or the nitesco union.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how am I supposed to dodge soul steal

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Watch for the purple after-image as he teleports away.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it!

omg wtf

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The time for games is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011