Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Ecclesia is freaking awesome top to bottom

Now try out hard mode which basically picks up right from the Dracula fight in terms of difficultly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's my favorite game of all time.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is sound mode?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can listen to all of the music and voice clips in sound mode.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

You can listen to all of the music and voice clips in sound mode.

Oh okay I thought it was a crazy game mode, albus mode is tight. This really is becoming a top tier game for me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

frank.club posted:

Oh okay I thought it was a crazy game mode, albus mode is tight. This really is becoming a top tier game for me

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You have unlocked Sound Test! Access it from the Extras menu at any time.

frank.club: Ughh, now they're gonna quiz me?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Odtomedeus excellent

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will not be trolled

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

alright i 100% rondo of blood. maybe one day i'll try to only use richter, oR? maybe noT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3XaiZjEGU4&t=33s

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

P-Mack posted:

Just started Harmony of Dissonance and this game kind of sucks so far. Does it get any better or should I just skip it and move on to the DS games?

Everyone hated this one but the one really cool thing I still remember from it was the subweapon system. Instead of having the COTM 100 card combos you picked up subweapons then applied different elements to them and they all gave you really different moves. It was better than COTM where they had to make 100 spells so half of them were useless and the other half did the same thing and 20 of them you were probably never gonna see on a normal playthrough anyway.

Also I did actually like how quick the dash movement was even if it meant you literally only moved by pressing L or R 90% of the time

Speaking of HD though I could never get into harmony of despair. Like just having all the moves and things to kill wasn't enough for me I dunno

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Everyone hated this one but the one really cool thing I still remember from it was the subweapon system. Instead of having the COTM 100 card combos you picked up subweapons then applied different elements to them and they all gave you really different moves. It was better than COTM where they had to make 100 spells so half of them were useless and the other half did the same thing and 20 of them you were probably never gonna see on a normal playthrough anyway.

Also I did actually like how quick the dash movement was even if it meant you literally only moved by pressing L or R 90% of the time

Speaking of HD though I could never get into harmony of despair. Like just having all the moves and things to kill wasn't enough for me I dunno

You're talking about the PS3 one right? Because that game had the potential to be a fun little game with loads of content, but was total killed by the timer + zoom out map.

They even coded it so Soma got souls, and Alucard had all his moves...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nude posted:

You're talking about the PS3 one right? Because that game had the potential to be a fun little game with loads of content, but was total killed by the timer + zoom out map.

They even coded it so Soma got souls, and Alucard had all his moves...

Yeah I wish it was good they really tried

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just beat PoR, now time to decide whether to play around with the New Game+ stuff or start on Ecclesia.

Btw, is it cheating to use healing items in Castlevania games? You have so many by the time you get to Dracula that it's kind of unfair.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
play this weird looking but extremely good japanese indie vania http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/winnt/game/se482503.html

heres a video, it takes a level or so to really get going but if you think it looks cool just stop watching and play it before you spoil all the bosses, the later ones are really cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPnrkbak6v8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Btw, is it cheating to use healing items in Castlevania games? You have so many by the time you get to Dracula that it's kind of unfair.

it is cheating

• Locked thread