Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Looking for some Yospinions on the 2017 Tesla... I'm seriously considering dropping the cash on a deposit. I mean, the car looks sleek as hell and $1,000 is hardly anything. My only worry is that we have no idea what the electric car landscape will be like a year from now and I might even be living somewhere that allows me to bike to work. Still, since the deposit is refundable, I think I might just do it.

Anyone else in the same situation or already got a preorder in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
It's only 4 figgies. Might as well. I drop a cool grand on the reg.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

no i drive a model s

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Yeah I did op but I think I'm way far back in line so I might cancel it because I'll be able to afford a model s by the time it comes out

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I stood in a giant fuckoff line in silicon valley to get a spot in line before ~the reveal~

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

no i drive a model s

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

no i drive a model x

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Not sure this is the car for you, Squeezy! There's no odometer you can run backwards.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
not till my 2011 Nissan Leaf dies. i will drive the tires of this glorified golf cart to punish myself for being a dumb early adopter

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

ShadowHawk posted:

I stood in a giant fuckoff line in silicon valley to get a spot in line before ~the reveal~

rofl what a dumbass

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i would have ordered 5 but they only let you get 2

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

so there's the s, the 3, and the x?

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
if i want to preorder something only to have it postponed for over a year and then be disappointed when i finally take delivery, i'll stick with video games and waste less money

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm pretty sure that in two years (actually three years) I will want to buy this $35k (actually $45k) midrange vehicle and beta test it while they work out the bugs for next year.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

my car is just one big LCD panel. next car will be a vr set OP

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Ben Murphy posted:

not till my 2011 Nissan Leaf dies. i will drive the tires of this glorified golf cart to punish myself for being a dumb early adopter

same

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i rode in a certain yosposter's tesla a few weeks back and he got me sold

probably will buy a tesla model 3 once the 300K early adopters got theirs unless i make serious bank of all a sudden then i'll buy a model s the day after i get the fat cheque

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
by the time it comes out people won't drive cars anymore

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

My Linux Rig posted:

rofl what a dumbass
my thinking was I'd probably want one in two years or so and if I'm early in the queue I might still get the 7k tax rebate before they run out

and if I change my mind I can just get the money back

if you can't afford to float 1k for a couple years then sorry about that

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I don't have the money to put down buying a new car, even eventually, and I'm not the biggest fan of how the car looks, Squeezy Farm.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
is this the thread where a bunch of poors think they can have nice things like rich people?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Management posted:

is this the thread where a bunch of poors think they can have nice things like rich people?

good to be home innit

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Also, electric cars are inherently inferior because they don't make entertaining noises.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

Also, electric cars are inherently inferior because they don't make entertaining noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W250Bd1F-1U&t=27s

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm glad you made that post agreeing with him

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if you don't think electric vehicles have a cool sound of their own, you have bad opinions about vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KUoRKGJTs

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 9, 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
teslas are cool and ill probably buy one at some point. im not gonna preorder a loving car two years in advance though

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if a tesla was gasoline powered (non-hybrid) but otherwise identical, would you still buy it?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no b/c theres no front grill and it would quickly overheat

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit

atomicthumbs posted:

Which is exactly the idea behind my new kickstarter project "Real cars for the rest of us" a playlist of realistic car sounds as vocalized by famed actor and artist Michael Winslow. Now everyone can enjoy the pleasant overtures of a super charger or the invigorating rapport of a V8. Smart car drivers everywhere will be able to feel like they too own a real car.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

dont give elon your money

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Management posted:

if a tesla was gasoline powered (non-hybrid) but otherwise identical, would you still buy it?

its likely. they seem to be the only car manufacturer with the ability to code their way out of a paper bag and a good ui is literally the most important thing on any product you use every day

poty fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 9, 2016

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poty posted:

its likely. they seem to be the only car manufacturer with the ability to code their way out of a paper bag and a good ui is literally the most important thing on any product you use every day

theres nothing good about a massive 22 inch vertically mounted computer monitor as the basis for a car UI

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

mishaq posted:

theres nothing good about a massive 22 inch vertically mounted computer monitor as the basis for a car UI
- a poor who has never driven a tesla

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

power botton posted:

- a poor who has never driven a tesla

it's literally unusable while you're driving. things like adjusting the air conditioning or closing the sunroof become life endangering tasks.

poty posted:

their software is super-buggy and their ui is very bad. I don't know a single tesla owner that has not had to have their car taken back to tesla on a flat bed truck due to software issues that made it undrivable.

it's true that all other car makers are shithead idiots when it comes to software, but at least their doors keep working day after day and they can keep refueling / recharging.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I want a car with no software at all

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

if you don't think electric vehicles have a cool sound of their own, you have bad opinions about vehicles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrlhepfy9-I

The Management posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

I want a car with no software at all

same

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sometimes you want a swarm of angry bees and sometimes you want a spaceship. only a loser doesn't appreciate both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bG5nzjjdk

Tesla drivin

• Locked thread