Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it a good idea to teach kids social justice in spanish class
gently caress you
this is some :laffo: stuff
:zoid:
social justice is totes good :nutshot:
lol no :secondpost:
you are offending xir feelings and zim will be very upset
the teacher was foolish for doing what she did
that's a hot tamale of a question :boom:
View Results

• Locked thread
Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

i like how muslims and sikhs are lumped together. they both wear turbans it's not like sikhs are #2 on the all-time leaderboard of kebab removal or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

donkey salami posted:

No one expects the Spanish class inquisition

I'm dyeing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Doppelganger posted:

If you're a white guy, walk across a college campus while wearing a hoodie with the hood up. 9 3/4 times out of 10, someone will say "Enjoying your white privilege?"
Has this ever actually happened anywhere

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

Has this ever actually happened anywhere

http://queenofspainblog.com/2012/03/22/when-a-white-boy-wears-a-hoodie/

"My son wears a hoodie every single day to school. He covers his head faithfully and rarely hears friends say hello as we walk inside or adults saying good morning as he tends to be lost in his own world, muffled by the hoodie around his ears.
My son would do anything for his little sister and happily get her candy. He would even question any adult questioning him for no reason- as we have taught him to stand up for himself, speak out for what is right, and question authority. He would run from strangers. He would feel safe with a police officer.
I think.
My son, however, can do all of these things without fear. He is white. He ‘belongs’ in that suburb. He looks like every other white kid in the area and a ‘neighborhood watch captain’ would easily dismiss his walking down the street as a normal, every day occurrence. As would a police officer. As would the community.
As a white mother to a white son, I’ve never had to explain to him what he should and should not do when confronted by police. I’ve never had to talk with him about how the world views him or prayed he wouldn’t be next.

I have no right to send my son to school tomorrow morning in his hoodie without fear, when so many other mothers will be sending their sons off wondering if they will ever come home."

jfc I can't imagine being raised by such a parent. It's like one of those viral fb posts you see where a mother is really happy about publicly shaming her young son over his sexism. Like I get that these social issues are important but don't take it out on your 10 year old please.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

ArbitraryC posted:

"My son wears a hoodie every single day to school. He covers his head faithfully and rarely hears friends say hello as we walk inside or adults saying good morning as he tends to be lost in his own world, muffled by the hoodie around his ears.
My son would do anything for his little sister and happily get her candy. He would even question any adult questioning him for no reason- as we have taught him to stand up for himself, speak out for what is right, and question authority. He would run from strangers. He would feel safe with a police officer.
I think.
My son, however, can do all of these things without fear. He is white. He ‘belongs’ in that suburb. He looks like every other white kid in the area and a ‘neighborhood watch captain’ would easily dismiss his walking down the street as a normal, every day occurrence. As would a police officer. As would the community.
As a white mother to a white son, I’ve never had to explain to him what he should and should not do when confronted by police. I’ve never had to talk with him about how the world views him or prayed he wouldn’t be next.

I have no right to send my son to school tomorrow morning in his hoodie without fear, when so many other mothers will be sending their sons off wondering if they will ever come home."

jfc I can't imagine being raised by such a parent. It's like one of those viral fb posts you see where a mother is really happy about publicly shaming her young son over his sexism. Like I get that these social issues are important but don't take it out on your 10 year old please.

kid looks like a tool

and his mother is using it extensively

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

totes triggered

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
what is your privilege

circle one

lipstick

butch

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

I think.

Its talking about trayon martin when people were saying wearing a hoody got him shot and she wasnt shaming her son you weirdo

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

She was using him to make an overwrought post about racism online get it right

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

:tipshat:

cheers

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

genomoreproblems
Dec 27, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Like, she didn't even try to pretend it had anything to do with the class by like putting the entries on the form in spanish or something. This poo poo is so dumb

You can learn other languages better with an open mind.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

CJacobs posted:

Like, she didn't even try to pretend it had anything to do with the class by like putting the entries on the form in spanish or something. This poo poo is so dumb

if she did it in spanish I bet parents would have never known.

What a dumbassed teacher.

Dead Precedents posted:

That's my gender. Deal with it.

hows it feel to gently caress gay soy?

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 9, 2016

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Spanish is such an easy language you can learn to speak it fluently in like a couple months so im glad the teacher was letting the kids do other stuff in class so they didnt get borded. Same with all other latin based "languages"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I mean, look at this guy...he strolls around the world and learns languages IN A FLASH http://www.fluentin3months.com/about/ and he speaks them FLUENTLY so if an Irish drunk can do that then surly these 10 year old hoodie wearing demisexuals can do it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Spanish isn't even a real language it was invented for star trek

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Spanish isn't even a real language it was invented for star trek

You mean star wars.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Microwaves Mom posted:

You mean star wars.

You mean La guerre de les etoiles

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

8 track betamax posted:

I mean, look at this guy...he strolls around the world and learns languages IN A FLASH http://www.fluentin3months.com/about/ and he speaks them FLUENTLY so if an Irish drunk can do that then surly these 10 year old hoodie wearing demisexuals can do it.

Lol but he's a polyglot....that's when you have both boy and girl parts.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

spud posted:

Lol but he's a polyglot....that's when you have both boy and girl parts.

that poor soul...........AND he's irish :gonk:

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I think.

I dont know what shes talking about I would def shoot this kid in "self defense"

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

PBS Newshour posted:

remember the ow-lamo because you just hurt my feelings

I'm sorry

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

lollin' away over here

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Enfield posted:

gently caress me

maybe later

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Lumping together wildly disparate religions while hair-splitting sexual categories was the whitest, most First World thing she could have possible done

As if the fact that this was done in Spanish class didn't scream "Social Justice Wannabe" hard enough.

On the other hand, the problem with "Some of these things should be taught at home" is that there are so many parents would teach their kids to be bigoted shitbags towards anyone who isn't 100% heterosexual, 100% cisgender, and the same religion as them.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I was really hoping this would be about a robocop teacher tryin to make up gender neutral Spanish words or something.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Anorexic Robot posted:

I dont know what shes talking about I would def shoot this kid in "self defense"

He'd probably thank you with his dying breath

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

various cheeses posted:

He'd probably thank you with his dying breath

Anything to get away from his attention whoring mom.

She could have just said "Hey, sorry I'm white!" and made it quick.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

dae think humanity is a cancer upon glorious mother gaia??

*takes wicked bong rip*

I think people like this teacher are a cancer on humanity.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

katlington posted:

Its talking about trayon martin when people were saying wearing a hoody got him shot and she wasnt shaming her son you weirdo

I know but that's why I included the bottom part where she implied she was going to take his hoodie away over it, like I get the point of the article in differences of how white/black people are treated by wearing hoodies but the solution isn't to take away your gradeschooler's favorite jacket nor do I think progress is something we'll get by trying to take away privileges certain groups enjoy rather than making it so other groups can enjoy them too. An ideal world isn't no one wearing hoodies it's everyone who wants to wear a hoodie being able to without fear of consequences. Beyond that this is all above the level of the kid in the picture anyways.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I don't see anything wrong with a teacher demanding to know the children's sexual orientations, what's the big deal?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
muslim/sikh

lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
how much privilege does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
When do they release the answer key? I want to know how many of the questions I got right.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
This needs to be one of those Facebook tests. Find out your privilege score today!

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

eighth grade me would just write "yes please" under the word "sex" because I was and still am a dangerous pervert

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

ScorpioMajesty posted:

This needs to be one of those Facebook tests. Find out your privilege score today!

Someone made a whole point chart and a homeless, transgender, disabled white person had more privilege than an Arab Oil Baron.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

hahaha cool

Cockmaster posted:

On the other hand, the problem with "Some of these things should be taught at home" is that there are so many parents would teach their kids to be bigoted shitbags towards anyone who isn't 100% heterosexual, 100% cisgender, and the same religion as them.

agreed

that's what sex ed is for, not a HAES spanish teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

SurfaceDetail posted:

Someone made a whole point chart and a homeless, transgender, disabled white person had more privilege than an Arab Oil Baron.

And we call that privilege Freedom :patriot:

• Locked thread