Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it a good idea to teach kids social justice in spanish class
gently caress you
this is some :laffo: stuff
:zoid:
social justice is totes good :nutshot:
lol no :secondpost:
you are offending xir feelings and zim will be very upset
the teacher was foolish for doing what she did
that's a hot tamale of a question :boom:
View Results

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

She has ADHD and apparently the teacher said there are some kids in this class that have ADHD, and ADHD is a mental illness, and that's why she circled that. To me ADHD is not a mental disability. It's something she has," says Stiles lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

AnElegantPeacock posted:

You'd think someone so into social justice wouldn't lump together Muslims/Sihks and Hindus/Buddhists.

Edit: ah dang beaten to the hot take.

Idgi why not?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

http://queenofspainblog.com/2012/03/22/when-a-white-boy-wears-a-hoodie/

"My son wears a hoodie every single day to school. He covers his head faithfully and rarely hears friends say hello as we walk inside or adults saying good morning as he tends to be lost in his own world, muffled by the hoodie around his ears.
My son would do anything for his little sister and happily get her candy. He would even question any adult questioning him for no reason- as we have taught him to stand up for himself, speak out for what is right, and question authority. He would run from strangers. He would feel safe with a police officer.
I think.
My son, however, can do all of these things without fear. He is white. He ‘belongs’ in that suburb. He looks like every other white kid in the area and a ‘neighborhood watch captain’ would easily dismiss his walking down the street as a normal, every day occurrence. As would a police officer. As would the community.
As a white mother to a white son, I’ve never had to explain to him what he should and should not do when confronted by police. I’ve never had to talk with him about how the world views him or prayed he wouldn’t be next.

I have no right to send my son to school tomorrow morning in his hoodie without fear, when so many other mothers will be sending their sons off wondering if they will ever come home."

jfc I can't imagine being raised by such a parent. It's like one of those viral fb posts you see where a mother is really happy about publicly shaming her young son over his sexism. Like I get that these social issues are important but don't take it out on your 10 year old please.

Its talking about trayon martin when people were saying wearing a hoody got him shot and she wasnt shaming her son you weirdo

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

She was using him to make an overwrought post about racism online get it right

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A gay amoeba

• Locked thread