Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

DigitalMocking posted:

I hope you're kidding.

Poor support, no ability to contact Shoretel directly when you do have an issue, forcing expensive 3rd party support contracts, Non-standard SIP implementation, poo poo handsets (I'm looking at you 2xx series), no ability to syslog on the 50v series, and when the log buffer fills up the box reboots or just freezes up, the T1k is ok in the US, but its a complete clusterfuck for T1/E1/PRI lines outside of the US and inside the US losing your D channel signalling is just something that's super fun and does happen several times a year without cause. Their VPN concentrator box for their non-standard SIP deployment on the 2x0 series can bite my rear end as well.

Oh, and the price/performance of the shoretel conferencing system is also poo poo compared to everyone else.

There, I think that covers it.

But I'm sure NEXT year's update will make it all better, just sign here for a software assurance contract please.

The 480 series handsets seem pretty good. I like them better than the Cisco sets I dealt with several years ago, and there's absolutely no comparison with the dogshit Avaya phones we had. My only gripe with the 480s is they take forever to boot up.

I do have gripes with Shoretel, though. I'm not a fan of their SG90 phone switches, and the SG90-V is a bad joke; they offer virtual switches, which seem fairly solid, but for some reason vendors sure like to keep pushing the physical hardware. And Shoretel Communicator is hot garbage, especially if you try to use it as a softphone as it loves to mysteriously break at random.

SubjectVerbObject posted:

What about Avaya's IPOffice product? I am guessing that the main problem is if you have that kind of money you can just buy phones made of pure gold.
edit for spelling

Put it this way: I work in an office that went from Avaya IP Office to Shoretel, and the Shoretel system was tremendously better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FatCow posted:

Find a new provider. Not being able to timely shut down fraud is amazingly incompetent.

Yeah, welcome to Integra.

• Locked thread