Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Anyone ever seen a phone, specifically Shortel, stop working over the handset but work over the speaker? I figured PoE but nope, and apparently Shoretel says it's a QoS issue. Lo and behold QoS is misconfigured, but could that really cause some bizarre issue with handsets vs speakers?,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Has nothing to do with cables, phones, etc.. If phone is moved it functions normally. Degradation occurs on some ports over the course of a week or two.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
First things first - do you have a JD?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Are you forwarding ports to allow RDP access directly to a terminal server or back to their workstations where they're using soft phones?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
So you just have 3389 opened up? Nothing is in front of the RDS? And they're using soft phones correct?

I've seen this work just fine anywhere I've ever been, but always with a VPN + softphone. if they are using company issued equipment at home I'd pilot switching over to a VPN and see if it makes a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Are you hosting VOIP off site or on-prem?

• Locked thread