Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
An ASA5505 is like $300. Don't fart around with DDWRT in a business environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Super Slash posted:

so dat linskees box is my telephone????

You just triggered my "used to work third tier support at Vonage PTSD"

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Find a new provider. Not being able to timely shut down fraud is amazingly incompetent. We can go from event to detection to shutdown in single digit minutes if the stars align.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Partycat posted:

Sometimes the "fraud" is that your PBX Is leaky and someone can get in and use it to place their calls - not for the purposes of making money from the far end but making calls for free. That is not always considered fraud. AT&T used to reach out if they saw you were racking up a large bill on an international call or something to make sure it was legitimate. In other cases, the provider may terminate long distance or international services from your billing account until they can reach you.
Or it could just look like call traffic and then you get stuck with a bill - and that's not really their problem if the reason for it is because your system let it in.

I feel like you don't work for a company that does much wholesale VoIP. The "my PBX got clowned and 500 sessions are now pinned up to <Pick your favorite African/Caribbean country>" is a massive problem. We never did international with AT&T, but Level 3 would detect and reach out to us within an hour if they saw a spike to an international destination. I'd guess they detect faster now since we've been beating them on detection for many years now so they don't hit us up ever.

It's my problem because if a mom and pop SMB runs up a 50k international bill they aren't going to pay it. Before we wrote a proper fraud detection system we were losing millions per year to unpaid international.

• Locked thread