Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Anyone familiar with NCID/sip2ncid?

I'm trying to setup NCID and sip2ncid at home so I can display the caller ID on my HTPC via Kodi. I've setup NCID as a docker on my Unraid server, forwarded UDP ports, but sip2ncid isn't receiving any SIP UDP packets.

I made sure that it wasn't a networking issue by having sip2ncid in test mode listen for UDP packets on port 5060. I then issued a

code:
echo -n "hello" | nc -4u -w1 192.168.0.99 5060
on my MacBook and my NCID docker received the UDP packet. So I don't think that's the issue.

I then tried to listen for UDP packets on my MacBook on port 5060:

code:
sudo tcpdump -i en0 -X -v 'udp port 5060'
But I wasn't receiving anything. I called my phone line from my cell during these tests.

I'm using a Cisco SPA122 and there's a poo poo ton of options under the SIP section. Under the options for my phone line, I see SIP Transport = UDP and SIP Port = 5060.

I got this sip2ncid thing working a couple of years ago on my RaspberryPi, but I since wiped the image to install retropie. I don't recall messing with my SPA122 since then.

Any hints on where to look? Disclaimer: I know nothing about VOIP and networking.

Edit: I just remembered I had to setup ettercap on my raspberry pi. Back to the drawing board and Google.

Edit 2: Got everything working. Set up an Ubuntu VM with NCID and ettercap instead of trying to run ettercap instead a docker. I can now see caller ID information from within Kodi.

Secx fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread