Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

OmniCorp posted:

We might be upgrading from the Allworx system we have in place now. We have a SIP trunk and a PRI for faxes, but PRI could go away.
Allworx is horrible too. They do everything through VAR installers, and every installer I've run into so far did a cut & run leaving a smoldering pile of garbage and tears in their wake. I actually lost a PRI customer because their Allworx box kept crashing/rebooting on its own. They went back to an AT&T PRI contract, and surprise, the Allworx box still rebooted. But the VAR was an idiot so that customer just got to eat a new, longer, more expensive contract.

OmniCorp posted:

Any recommendations on a 60+, could grow to 100 seat office phone system?
This...

OmniCorp posted:

Just one location but could expand to a second. 2-3 conference rooms. Need ability to host conference calls. No video, cost not an issue. Having phones that easily work at home would be a plus.
Plus this = Just subscribe to a hosted voip solution from a major provider or direct from your ISP if they offer it. You don't want to host a conference bridge on-site in hardware let alone hosting multiple conference bridges. If you have remote tele-workers, you don't want their phones to be dependent on your office's internet access. Let all of that poo poo be somebody else's problem.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

FaxOIP - gently caress you it's 2016 just send me a dropbox link

FoIP is for suckers. Adorai's got it about as close as you can reasonably get but even still he's falling back to POTS for outbound fax transmission.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Yeah their audio quality is on par with polycom minus the brain dead provisioning syntax.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
Polycom's XML format is bad. They made it with the intent of having a singular config that applies to all poly soundpoint phones, but it doesn't work that way. I still end up with a ton of tiny fixes here and there for models and firmwares where the customers BYOD.

Also the VVX series is kind of a joke, their android fork is kneecapped, and their companion software is barely functional if you can keep it connected to the deskset at all.

wolrah posted:

Audio is about 97% the same on headset or handset, but Polycom's speakerphones are still worlds better than the competition.

... and then there's Cisco.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

wolrah posted:

Are you trying to say the VVX series uses Android?

I could have sworn they did because when the VVX500 was first released, we got one for a lab sample and I distinctly remember developer documentation talking about android and APKs. But I can't find any of that info anymore so I must have been thinking of something else

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

beergod posted:

I'm starting a law firm with two offices in two different cities in the same state. I want the person calling in to get a cool message and be able to press "1" for office A and "2" for office B regardless of which office he or she called. I'd also like to be able to route to my cell phone if necessary. We are also heavily invested in the Office 365 infrastructure, so any integration with Skype for Business or whatever would be cool because I am a tech dork.

I have a VOIP landline through my ISP (Spectrum) and the other office currently has no landline.

Which service will do what I want? I was looking at Grasshopper but saw some p.bad reviews. Any advice is much appreciated.

VOIP - gently caress you it's 2017 just call me on my cell phone

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
lol Meraki desk phones will accidentally hang up if exposed to infrared light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Beefstorm posted:

Has anyone tried the Ubiquiti phones? Thoughts?

I have one of each UVP-Pro and UVP-Executive. I am not impressed. Touch screens without any tactile feedback suck rear end for dialing phone numbers. Basic phone features you'd expect on face-buttons (hold, transfer) for an enterprise phone system or PBX are missing from the UVP's dialer app.* Audio volume was abnormally low but they say that's since been fixed through software updates.

But you can play Angry Birds and Youtube.

*- the shortcomings of an android-tablet-as-desk-phone also applies to the Meraki desk phones, which I played around with for a month before shipping back to Meraki.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread