Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Do one of those webinars that gets you a free Meraki Z1 or MX appliance and use that to build a tunnel back to your office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

From a brief look and not a recommendation because I have never used it before:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000004g5sgEAA

If your new hosted provider doesn't have a TAPI/CTI thing to connect to then you're probably out of luck.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I've just had an email that one of our tenants has been accepted for the Skype for Business PSTN Calling trial (we're in the UK so it only just got here).

Is anyone else using / testing this out as a replacement for a phone system? Any tips on what to avoid?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This particular one is only 60 seats.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

BigPaddy posted:

Even if you ignore everyone having a mobile a decent voip system is nice for screen sharing and what not. Of course there are plenty of lovely ones out there, looking at you Cisco. Best one I have used is Skype for business which is shocking that MS didn't gently caress it up.

They've hosed up the Windows client because it cannot cope with multiple displays running at different DPIs. You can take a Surface Pro, connect an external display, drag the Skype client onto the Surface display and it becomes impossible to see what you're doing. This is a product they are really pushing, running on their latest OS, running on their flagship hardware.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:aaa:

I would be massively interested in a free one from a webinar. gently caress phone systems.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It makes sense for them to launch with the most flashy option they can, be good to see phones with buttons though since I hate touchscreens on desk phones.

I'm surprised at how much duplication of effort Cisco and Meraki are doing, presumably there is a desire to keep the two brands separate but it seems really wasteful. Cisco have Spark, handsets etc.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Fuze?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

gently caress vendors that decide to backdate support payments to get covered. You provided absolutely gently caress all for two years (as the support wasn't in place), eat a dick trying to charge for it.

It's the sort of practise that would make me switch suppliers out of spite.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If you let a Sonicwall device fall out of support and stay out for longer than a year, then when you apply a one-year license and support renewal you get the full term.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is anyone using Cisco Spark for voice calls? We need to throw our barely functioning on-premise PBX at some point and as an iOS shop for corporate devices I'm interested in the "first class citizen" that VoIP apps are going to be in iOS 10. And Cisco are the first people to have announced that they are going to be working with Apple on this, which is appealing.

Or do people think that any non-poo poo vendor is going to get on board with support?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I've seen it happen but it's just meant the handset or the cable is hosed.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Fuze is good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-avaya-bankruptcy-idUSKBN1532JY

As someone who works close to a team that deal with this company, can't say I'm surprised. They treat their partners like poo poo and the quality of the product documentation is appalling.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Trio 8800 runs Android, that's about it as far as I know.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They're trying to register on your system and place calls to revenue-generating numbers that they have control of

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

For anybody who has a Polycom RealPresence Trio, the latest firmware update introduces (experimental) hybrid registration. So you can be connected to SfB as well as your existing SIP PBX, meaning you can use it as a phone without having to go for the Skype PBX and calling licenses. The dial plan is pretty cool and lets you decide what calls should route over which lines.

I've set ours up so that dialling 4 digit extensions sends the call over SIP, dialling a normal number uses SfB. There's no support for bridging a SIP call into a SfB meeting but a) that's understandable, and b) buy your users dial-in conferencing licenses if you want to do that.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Polycom-Labs-for-Voice/RealPresence-Trio-Experimental-Feature-Hybrid-and-Dual-Line/m-p/89693

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Snom phones have magnetic hook switches, work perfectly.

And I have no idea why you'd spend Meraki money on desk phones.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Use a telephone provider that has good quality iOS and Android apps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Also Ubiquiti have given up on them. I think you'd have to be slightly crazy to put a bunch of devices on your network running outdated versions of Android.

• Locked thread